Share This Page:

Guess whos back early...

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Thanks, but I also want to start swimming and using the rowing machine. Also I have nowhere to put a pull-up bar in my house.
Paulc83

Post by Paulc83 »

Yeah unlucky mate. Didnt see you down their did ask about a little.
Dont mean to rub salt into a wound but me and AndyR both passed.
Get your head down mate and get some time of your runs and im sure you will be fine. Personally i think you should have stayed the rest of the course like three other lads did, that way you would have known what to expect and if there is any other areas you could improve on.
pschometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview-passed
medical -passed
pjft- 9.02

A fool learns by his own mistakes, a wise man learns by others.

push ups 72
pull ups 8 but it nearly killed me!
sit ups 70 form questionable
1.5 mile-9.12
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

Last edited by bigdog on Fri 02 May, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Stinky, get your head out your arse and put some work in. A large part of being a nod is being able to motivate yourself to keep going even when you're mentally and physically exhausted, and there's no-one pushing you on. If you can't motivate yourself to run 3 miles at a slow pace (let's not kid about here, 22.5 minutes for three miles is SLOW if you want to get your green lid), maybe you're looking at the wrong career.

As to serving behind enemy lines, just concentrate on getting in first; you will have to find a LOT more willpower and motivation to crack anything gucci like that.

Sounds to me like you need to make a decision on what you want to do; there is no 'quick fix,' decide what you want, be it a green lid, a pink (sorry, red) one or whatever else, get your head down and go for it. If you keep chopping and changing it's not gonna help you motivate yourself.

Don't take this as having a go, just a wake up call. At the moment you're sounding too immature and indecisive to give anything a real crack.
DANTAE

Post by DANTAE »

stinky i am in a simular situation at the moment and have turned up dead ends on every other career special observers ,148sqn royal artillery,royal navy,infintry, tanks, HCAV and i assure you i keeep coming back to the same thing army is out for a multitude of reasons navy is out because there is a 13 month waiting list by the way i am sure that special observers involve more than you think deep behind enmy lines means high probality of capture tourture and intergation so probly see more action than you relise