Share This Page:

Electric shavers

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Stinky

Electric shavers

Post by Stinky »

Are Electric shavers allowed on the PRMC?
tkdvipers

Post by tkdvipers »

I am not sure if they are allowed or not. They probably are.

But you HAVE to have a wet shave every morning even if you don't get stubble. You will get a real rollocking if you don't and most likely be put on the flank. SO there isn't really much point in taking an electric shaver.

Oh and don't put your sheets in your locker wet either, they don't like that to much. :wink:
[size=150][color=green][u]BLUEPETER PRMC VIDEOS HERE > [url=http://training-perseverence.blogspot.com]PRMC VIDEOS[/url][/u][/color][/size]

PRMC - 07/09/08
digitalfreefall

Post by digitalfreefall »

IMO electric shavers are never going to give a shave even close to a wet.

And even if you are allowed to use a electric at CTCRM (which I doubt) you wont have much time in the morning and a wet shave is much faster, also power points in the field are few and far between :roll:

Get yourself a Wilkinson Sword and some King of Shaves Gel Stinky
johnnyValencia

Post by johnnyValencia »

Gillette the best a man can get :lol:
ADINUF ?
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

electric shavers are SHITE unless you fork out at least 150 quid!i seen some in the shop for 200!opted for the cheapest 30 quid ones and its the worst purchase ive ever made.

still,im not keen on the idea of shaving everyday as my skin becomes irritated,and somtimes even after a shave,that nite i get the stubble back
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Electric shaver or wet shaver I always used to get pulled up on parade having quite dark bristles underneathe :roll: At least with a wet shave they can't complain so much.
degrees of passion

Post by degrees of passion »

it really is a f@#k chore!takes ages,and even when you proper press down and go against the grain its impossible to completely get rid of all the stubble!then you finish up ripping your face to bits aswell.ffs its the bain of my life lol
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour'
Paulc83

Post by Paulc83 »

Im lucky enough that even at 23 i only shave every 3-4 weeks. I only get bum fluff which makes me look like an ASBO kid down your local shops!
pschometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview-passed
medical -passed
pjft- 9.02

A fool learns by his own mistakes, a wise man learns by others.

push ups 72
pull ups 8 but it nearly killed me!
sit ups 70 form questionable
1.5 mile-9.12
tkdvipers

Post by tkdvipers »

degrees of passion wrote:it really is a f@#k chore!takes ages,and even when you proper press down and go against the grain its impossible to completely get rid of all the stubble!then you finish up ripping your face to bits aswell.ffs its the bain of my life lol
Get ready for wet shaving in the dark on woodbury common. No light just shaving unitl you look like somthing out of saw.
[size=150][color=green][u]BLUEPETER PRMC VIDEOS HERE > [url=http://training-perseverence.blogspot.com]PRMC VIDEOS[/url][/u][/color][/size]

PRMC - 07/09/08
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Umm, nice cam cream mixed in with stubble and a bic razor with cold water....that sraping noise is something to remember.

Try using head and shoulders to get rid of cam cream. :D

Its genius.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

dwarfy wrote:Umm, nice cam cream mixed in with stubble and a bic razor with cold water....that sraping noise is something to remember.

Try using head and shoulders to get rid of cam cream. :D

Its genius.
Any liquid soap does the job. For best results put it on a paper towel then just wipe the cam cream off. You will have to rinse the soap off afterwards though.

As to electric razors, they were a big no-no when I was in basic, and I'm pretty sure they still are.

Get a wet razor which is easy to clean (i.e. not some 5 bladed monstrosity) and buy 'brushless shave'. It comes in a toothpaste type tube, and is the dogs nads for shaving in the field.

T_T
Mr_Kiwi

Post by Mr_Kiwi »

johnnyValencia wrote:Gillette the best a man can get :lol:
I know a girl called Gillette...As you can imagine she gets the slogan said to her a lot ;)
'Peace is to important to be left to politicians'
designervision

Post by designervision »

Personally, I like to think of shaving as another test. Just practise speed and quality and you should pass just fine!

Cheers.
--"Pain is temporary, the Green Beret is forever"--
johnnyValencia

Post by johnnyValencia »

What would they say if i went down to PRMC with a beard like Osama Binf#ckface?
ADINUF ?
Paulc83

Post by Paulc83 »

Ah what if your religious and not to shave was part of that? Where wold you stand then? ( apart from in the cold!)
pschometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview-passed
medical -passed
pjft- 9.02

A fool learns by his own mistakes, a wise man learns by others.

push ups 72
pull ups 8 but it nearly killed me!
sit ups 70 form questionable
1.5 mile-9.12