Share This Page:

Finally ready.......I hope.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Vost

Finally ready.......I hope.

Post by Vost »

Just got back after my 3 miler and got a PB of 19.37!

Finally think I am ready for PRMC!!

My fitness is at:

Press ups 74 in 2 mins
Sit ups 86 in 2 mins
pull ups 9
3 miler 19.37 PB.
1.5 miler Around 9 mins 10 sec last time.

PRMC here I come!! :o
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Good scores mate, you shouldn't have too much trouble with those scores. All the best.
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Vost

Post by Vost »

Thank you buddy.

If i'm honest, im starting to get a little nervous!

But I suppose its because I want this more than anything!!
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

I was nervous too, and i barely slept the night before my PRMC because my POC was such a miserable experience but when you are there and you see that you're in the same boat as everyone else you'll start to calm down. Some even let their nerves get the better of them and leave before its even started :o .

When is your PRMC?
[url=http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15310][b]My PRMC Diary[/b][/url]
Vost

Post by Vost »

Im down for the end of March but I was really ill not so long ago so had to move the dates around.

I lost about a stone and added alot of time on my runs but I really feel I can do this now!

Sh*tting myself though.

This is nothing like being in the Army!

I have read your PRMC diary, which has helped me out so thanks for posting that!
Sully

Post by Sully »

Just got back after my 3 miler and got a PB of 19.37
You're no where fit enough :evil: Oops - wrong thread :lol:

Everybody's nervous Vost and deals with it in their own way. Part of the difficulty is that waiting for it, the day before, on the train, you can't do anything about it. I feel wrong about it but I gained strength and confidence as people started dropping out. Try not to think about what's in store, just crack on with each task/test and you will ease into it as JCAP has said.
Per Flank, Per Tank
Vost

Post by Vost »

Ha ha! that was 19 mins 37 seconds not 19 hours mind!

Just got to keep focused now, I think I'm more nervous about things I cant contrrol like injury or illness before PRMC.

Still I have to say this forum has helped keep my mind in check.

Just split with the girlfriend as well as she made me make a choice between my Green Lid or her! :evil:

She lost!
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Vost wrote: She lost!
I'v known people who have chosen the other option and cancelled their application :evil:

However, the old "i told you so" starts ringing in their ears when their girl moves onto that scrawny bloke who's in a band :roll:
Vost

Post by Vost »

I know someone who gave up his Green Lid and career for his girlfriend only to split up a year later. Now he's a right mess!!

Terrible scenes!
Sully

Post by Sully »

Injury is a worry and I scraped through with my original troop having spent a week in sickbay after the 30 miler - I've posted elsewhere about the Tarzan pass out that awaited me when I got out of my comfy bed.

We had some good lads backtrooped through injury (a bugger then as there was one troop every month and then every six weeks for a while - you can imagine it "you lot are surplus to requirements - who are we going to lose today..." :lol: ).

Just control what you can mate and take the rest on the chin :wink:
Per Flank, Per Tank
Vost

Post by Vost »

Thanks Sully.

Some wise words.

:lol:
Shuttleworth

Post by Shuttleworth »

Yeah some good results there. Very similar to my sort of fitness level before I did PRMC. Just dont forget it its not all about fitness.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Sully wrote:
Everybody's nervous Vost and deals with it in their own way. Part of the difficulty is that waiting for it, the day before, on the train, you can't do anything about it. I feel wrong about it but I gained strength and confidence as people started dropping out. Try not to think about what's in store, just crack on with each task/test and you will ease into it as JCAP has said.
I did sod all compared to Sully but he's spot on. In the early part of recruit training if you worry about every "nod-vine" rumour that's supposedly coming your way you'd be a nervous wreck by week 5. Try and take each day as it comes and obviously heed general advice.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

GGHT wrote:
Sully wrote:
I did sod all compared to Sully but he's spot on. In the early part of recruit training if you worry about every "nod-vine" rumour that's supposedly coming your way you'd be a nervous wreck by week 5. Try and take each day as it comes and obviously heed general advice.
Totally agree with all of this, i did exaclty that, worried far too much about every little thing, worried about farking up all the time, when i wasnt even farking up...in the end it is totally counter productive, just take it as it comes, and end the end of the day if you still mess up, so what? thats part of training, you take it on the chin get a little bit of a beasting and then dont make the same mistake again. Learn and crack on.
Sully

Post by Sully »

I did sod all compared with many and still have haunting dreams that I could have done more - but isn't that always the way :wink: I have an inability to compare myself downwards.

The fantastic thing about the Corps and what recruit training does for you is that you get to a point where you couldn't care less. That doesn't mean that you don't do the job - you just crack on. Most lads in training and in the wider world learn to shrug their shoulders and flick their chin....... am I bovvered? 8)
Per Flank, Per Tank