Share This Page:

3 miler

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Paulc83

3 miler

Post by Paulc83 »

Just wondered what sort of times people are geting for their three milers?

I have been doing a few 6 milers lately so hopefully when i time my three miler i should nail it.
pschometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview-passed
medical -passed
pjft- 9.02

A fool learns by his own mistakes, a wise man learns by others.

push ups 72
pull ups 8 but it nearly killed me!
sit ups 70 form questionable
1.5 mile-9.12
Gar

Post by Gar »

at the minute in the 21mins, but i think i mite be runnin a little more than 3 mile :roll: hoping to bring it down under 20 before prmc, whats urs like?
PRMC: ..March 20th..
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

24 minutes :(
Gar

Post by Gar »

I'm guessing your going to be doing a lot of runin in febuary then stinky :lol:
iareglenn

Post by iareglenn »

dont worry about getting your time below 20 mins before your PRMC gar, 21 mins is more than enough to be able to pass. Although i suppose the fitter you are the better.
interview:passed
medical:passed
pjft:9:34
prmc:passed
Gar

Post by Gar »

oh rite, yea i jus want to get my time down as low as i can before prmc, its the press up scores im finding hardest at minute only doing 39 max but going keep working away at my circuits and start getting some results
Macca

Post by Macca »

My Personal Best for the 3miler is 20mins 27 secs and i achieved that 3 days ago which i was over the moon with :D . The last time i times myself was about 1 month ago and i was just about getting under 24 mins then. But keep working hard lads your doing a cracking job, theres always room for improvement :lol:
KJ-Edwards

Post by KJ-Edwards »

My 3miler pb as you can see below is 18:36 and my current times are all sub 19minutes. although i do not just run 3miles anymore (I just look at the time at 3mlie the mark sometimes).. I am now doing best effort 6milers and currently trying to max out my 9miler giving it all i got. I do the odd 12miler to work on my CV and fatigue level.

If you can sub 21minutes you will be more than ok, although if you can knock a minute off to sub 20minutes, you will love the 3miler (enjoy the view lol).

EDIT: Stinky mate just keep hammering away, you'll be great. :D
PRMC: 21st November 06' - PASS
RT: Feb 5th
----------------------------------
3mile - 18:36
PressUps within 2minutes - 74
SitUps within 2minutes - 98
6mile - 41:05
9mile - 01:04:43
3mile (combat boots) - 20:36
12mile - 1:26:33
euro_andrew

Post by euro_andrew »

My fastest one was at my first RMAD which was under 22 mins. Since I have had shin splints has now slowed down to 23 mins.

I should be ready to run again tomorow and build my way back into running and should hopefully get my 3miler down to 21mins or less.

- Andy
Just Lie back and think of England.

AFCO 17 - Oct [b]Here I come![/b]
gjd1986

Post by gjd1986 »

I used to run 3.2 miles for prmc, quickest i did that in was 18.49. To get your run times quicker, do sprint training, it helped me alot with my speed.

Now i run just over 6 miles every day or every other day depending on how i feel, to keep me at a decent level of fitness when i start RT.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Euro Andy are you still keeping up your Cardio Vascular fitness mate. such as cycling swimming ect?
KJ-Edwards

Post by KJ-Edwards »

Oh a funny thing I forgot to mention was that the other day i decided to get a 5am run down, when i was on my run it was snowing like hell and i slipped on a long bit of ice right into a wooden gate post (knocked it down as it was probably rotten, but kept going hahaha :-? ) and smashed my groin lol.. the pain when i walk is going away now, i do not know how i finshed the 6miler when this happened at like 0.6miles :lol:

Self-reminder :- Do not hurt yourself so soon before RT

Kyle.
PRMC: 21st November 06' - PASS
RT: Feb 5th
----------------------------------
3mile - 18:36
PressUps within 2minutes - 74
SitUps within 2minutes - 98
6mile - 41:05
9mile - 01:04:43
3mile (combat boots) - 20:36
12mile - 1:26:33
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Thanks for the information and encouragment people, but now after reading all your times I feel like I am deffinaly getting left behind. Gotta get A move on Stinky.
Iwonderhowlongmynamecanbe

Post by Iwonderhowlongmynamecanbe »

Stinky your doing fine - slow and steady wins the race unless your KJ-Edwards who can win using his groin to bounce off gate posts :lol: :wink:

It takes me bout 24mins to run 1 mile :oops:

Hopefully the more i do, the less it will take to do more... it that makes sense :roll:
I don't really know what to say here - apart from GOOD LUCK to everyone going to PRMC or POC - remember: people here have been there and come out alive, pass or fail....its YOUR EFFORTS that count!!!
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Some how after looking at KJ-Edwards Pbs, I'm starting to think he is some kind of robot. And I don't think slow and steady will be good enough when it comes to the PRMC.
Hopefully the more i do, the less it will take to do more... it that makes sense
I don't really think it works to much that way.