Share This Page:

POC Fitness

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Jack1988

Post by Jack1988 »

Goodluck jay, hope you get what you want!

Yeah the YO's on my course were on exercise.

So Fubar, what happening with yourself, are you waiting for the 2007 batch, is there a chance you might not get in again, if there is high pass rate again?

Hope you make the cut.
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

Thanks for the support,

I'm going back to Sultan in March to re-take my AIB in the hope of improving my score and getting a place in this year's batch. There is still a chance I might not make it again, it's down to the amount of guys passing selection and their scores.

My aim is to make this years batch. If i don't I'm gonna be following in your footsteps and joining as a recruit, with my long term goal being corps-commission.
POC: Passed 21 June '06
AIB: Passed 28 June '06
AIB round 2: Failed!
PRMC: 26 June '07: Passed
RT: 24th Sept '07
Week 27 - Final Ex after Easter leave - blargh
Mrs Bevell of the AIB is still officially the nicest lady in the world.
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

Oops! Because I hate it when people edit a post but don't tell any one when i said 'two noted exceptions', I meant no noted exceptions :oops:

That'll teach me to proof read...

Howard I pm'd you just now.
Iwonderhowlongmynamecanbe

Post by Iwonderhowlongmynamecanbe »

They dropped the guy [just] 'cos he kicked some dude in the face? :lol: (accidently?)

Wow the marine on POC must of had exceptional qualities to be asked to attended POC...hope for blokes like me and others who'll be too old if they were to try for officers straight off the bat and fail... :roll:
I don't really know what to say here - apart from GOOD LUCK to everyone going to PRMC or POC - remember: people here have been there and come out alive, pass or fail....its YOUR EFFORTS that count!!!
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

As I said, it was never actually stated 'you have failed because...' but that was the word going round. If the training staff are trying to identify people with leadership qualities then I'd imagine that trampling on other people to get ahead yourself, isn't really what they're looking for.

We had two lads on our POC who were both serving Marines, both quality guys, and despite complaining they had no time off work to prepare for their POC (unlike us civvies who had been training for months on end :D) they were both at the front on the physical tests. For me this was an impressive testiment to the sort of physical conditioning you end up with when you're in the Corps.

Unfortunately I never found out if they passed AIB/made the batch.
Scouser

Post by Scouser »

Fubar, good luck with your next AIB mate, I know you've already been there but if you want to go over anything before you head down in March give me a shout. Just been through it recently myself, I don't have all the answers but I might be able to help if you want to go over anything.
Good luck anyway, same to you Jay
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Thanks mate