Share This Page:

Dentistry in training

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
JCAP3

Dentistry in training

Post by JCAP3 »

Well, i'v managed to smash my teeth and was just wondering if dentistry is covered in training? (for rebuilding my front teeth)

Cheers
Last edited by JCAP3 on Sat 02 Dec, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

:-? Arr mate, how the hell did you do that? If you dont mind me asking...
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Having some pasta and there was a nice big chunk of china in it :o

I'm completely broke so i can't afford a civie dentist .
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Bloody hell sorry to hear about that, if it make you feel any better i have the worst luck with mine as well, about this time last year i chipped one of my teeth down the gym.

I was doing a drop-set on my lats using a lat pulldown-bar, i was biting down becuase fatigue was settling in and yeahp, smashed the bar into my tooth - G R E A T! :cry:

Sorry i cant answer your question though :-?
AJ

JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

AJtothemax wrote:Bloody hell sorry to hear about that, if it make you feel any better i have the worst luck with mine as well, about this time last year i chipped one of my teeth down the gym.

I was doing a drop-set on my lats using a lat pulldown-bar, i was biting down becuase fatigue was settling in and yeahp, smashed the bar into my tooth - G R E A T! :cry:

Sorry i cant answer your question though :-?
Bugger me, that must have been stressful. It's a total pain in the arse to say the least (i now look like a complete chav :-? ). I had the other one blown out by a bb gun when i was 10 :lol: I think its going to cost me £100+ for them to be put right, being over 18 and all.
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Have a look here mate, at the bottom: http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13851
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

You'll have a dentist appointment when you first start RT, they will check out your teeth and if you need it they will do it. So I reckon they will do it for you, but n guarantees. They was gonna take out a tooth of mine but I got MD'd before it was gonna happen :)
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Cheers lads.
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

I also chipped my tooth down the gym, but I did it with the bench press bar. I thought i'd put the bar back on properly after a set id just pumped out, but as I went to sit up, the bar (50kg of weight on) dropped down and smashed into my mouth and chipped all the tops of my bottom teeth. I think I was pretty lucky though, it could have taken the whole lot with that impact!
digitalfreefall

Post by digitalfreefall »

My mate slipped on a dance floor while holding 2 bottles, one in each hand, he fell forward and did the most spectacular face plant I have ever witnessed resulting in him bending his 2 front teeth back at a stomach churning angle, he never spilled a drop of beer, good lad :wink:

Back to topic, dont know for sure but i imagine that your teeth will only be fixed if you do it in service and only if its non cosmetic.
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

A few mates of mine (uni) are doing dentistry and always say to come down for free check ups, and other stuff if they're experienced enough at that time for those procedures. So, if you can find the nearest uni with a school of dentistry and just head along down there, you might be in luck. If not, sorry. But dental students have to get their experience, so it's definitely worth a go, if it's not too far away for you that is.
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

A few mates of mine (uni) are doing dentistry and always say to come down for free check ups, and other stuff if they're experienced enough at that time for those procedures. So, if you can find the nearest uni with a school of dentistry and just head along down there, you might be in luck. If not, sorry. But dental students have to get their experience, so it's definitely worth a go, if it's not too far away for you that is.
jammin87

Post by jammin87 »

AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

jammin87 wrote:A few mates of mine (uni) are doing dentistry and always say to come down for free check ups, and other stuff if they're experienced enough at that time for those procedures. So, if you can find the nearest uni with a school of dentistry and just head along down there, you might be in luck. If not, sorry. But dental students have to get their experience, so it's definitely worth a go, if it's not too far away for you that is.
Haha! I can already see it "errr....i did it again.." :o

Well, JCAP3 we're not the only ones ey! It is a kick in the arse though. :-?
AJ

themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

You get some dental work in week 12, I think. I'm getting some fillings.