Share This Page:

Press-up world record

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
taimos

Press-up world record

Post by taimos »

If this has been posted before, im sorry.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press-up

'The World Record for non-stop pushups is 10,507 by Minoru Yoshida of Japan on October, 1980.'

HOW THE F**K?!!??!

that's insane

Sourced from http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/pushups.html

which has more crazy records.

I'd love to know the training programs of some of these people!
'...An entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; or they're slaves with white collars... Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs they hate so they can buy sh* they don't need...'
Tyler Durden
TheWedge

Re: Press-up world record

Post by TheWedge »

taimos wrote:The World Record for non-stop pushups is 10,507
That is a random post. I heard of one record that was about 6,000+ and it took the guy over 5 years of training
42 CDO RM 18/09/07
KSPO: 14/09/07
RT: 11/12/06
PRMC: 07/11/06
PJFT: 25/04/06 (8:53)
Security Check
Medical: 20/04/06
Selection Interview: 03/06
Eye Test: 02/06
Psychometric test: 01/02/06
Application: 01/06

Best 6 miler: 39:30!
McGill

Post by McGill »

I remember in the green bible they used to give out at the AFCO, that a Royal PTI held the record for number of press ups in minute with 116. Does he still hold the record?
GIB

Post by GIB »

it aint as good as you think im affraid.. i watched one record atempt.. they only move thier arms around an inch.. its very frustrating wtching as there hardly doing press ups at all.

very poor i think..

GIB
Mind over matter
They don't mind, and we don't matter
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

McGill wrote:I remember in the green bible they used to give out at the AFCO, that a Royal PTI held the record for number of press ups in minute with 116. Does he still hold the record?
Not sure if he still holds the record, but our PTI pointed out the other PTI who has/had that record and he's a monster!
sully26

Post by sully26 »

daveb i think that ptis got the record for press ups in a minute.
hows the injury?
prmc-25th july-passed
2nd october- recruit training
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

sully26 wrote:daveb i think that ptis got the record for press ups in a minute.
hows the injury?
It's crap mate, still hurting a fair bit. One minute I'd think it would be improving, but then it would ache again real bad. Still waiting on an orthopeadic appointment for it.

How's 930 mate? How many have left so far? Keep cracking on bud.
sully26

Post by sully26 »

only 40 left in the troop which includes 3 backtroopers and 3 backtroopers came and went already. about 17-18 left or got injured. 8 people failed the pullups in the vo2 fitness test today and if they dont pass 2moro they got to say hello to 931. my fitness has shot up but some peoples have dropped alot. this week is the gym pass out passed the bft and the vo2 tests just got the imfc with the rope climes to go.

we got hunters moon next week(first execise on dartmoor) with the survival ex at the end. everyone is dreading dartmoor.

930 is the best, hoofing training team couldnt be better.
we just got a backtrooper from hollywood trp who is honking.
prmc-25th july-passed
2nd october- recruit training
darrenrugby18

Post by darrenrugby18 »

Sully, how many chin-ups are required to pass the test? Been told by an ex marine not to neglect them.
CTCRM - 935 Troop
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

sully26 wrote:only 40 left in the troop which includes 3 backtroopers and 3 backtroopers came and went already. about 17-18 left or got injured. 8 people failed the pullups in the vo2 fitness test today and if they dont pass 2moro they got to say hello to 931. my fitness has shot up but some peoples have dropped alot. this week is the gym pass out passed the bft and the vo2 tests just got the imfc with the rope climes to go.

we got hunters moon next week(first execise on dartmoor) with the survival ex at the end. everyone is dreading dartmoor.

930 is the best, hoofing training team couldnt be better.
we just got a backtrooper from hollywood trp who is honking.
Great to hear you're doing well mate. Is Sully and Oz still going strong? The training team certainly was hoofing. Tell you what, I really miss that place!