Share This Page:

End of week 9

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
mancuniankid

End of week 9

Post by mancuniankid »

Well week 9 is over and done with and what a great week for 925, we got a good pass out for our week 9 drill and a superior pass out for the gym, plus no one got below a superior on the military knowledge test(i got distinction :D ), as you can imagine our training team is well happy with us.

We have a good reputation going round camp at the minute as a really strong troop!!

Week 8 was the worst week of my life though, i have never felt so low since being there but i just got on with it as best i could.

Well on to exercise Hunters Moon tomorrow and from what i've been hearing from the nod grapevine it doesn't sound very nice atall.
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
JCAP3

Re: End of week 9

Post by JCAP3 »

Future_Marine wrote:Well week 9 is over and done with and what a great week for 925, we got a good pass out for our week 9 drill and a superior pass out for the gym, plus no one got below a superior on the military knowledge test(i got distinction :D ), as you can imagine our training team is well happy with us.

We have a good reputation going round camp at the minute as a really strong troop!!

Week 8 was the worst week of my life though, i have never felt so low since being there but i just got on with it as best i could.

Well on to exercise Hunters Moon tomorrow and from what i've been hearing from the nod grapevine it doesn't sound very nice atall.
Hello mate, nice to hear that your on the good side of the training team :D

Btw, you mentioned week 8 was a bit of a nightmare. Can you elaborate please?
pablo

Post by pablo »

Good man. Crack on and try to enjoy it.

Rich.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Well done, keep us updated FM :wink:
Hughser

Post by Hughser »

Good job mate, keep up the good work. Can't think of anything else to add, sorry mate.. old brain freeze :oops:
Recruit Tests - Passed
Interview - Passed
-- Injured --
2nd Interview - Passed
Medical - Passed
PJFT - 9.39 Passed
RMAD - 20th November
PRMC - 4th December
Fitness_Freak

Post by Fitness_Freak »

In week 8 now, its an admin f@#k week- full of inspections. However we are on the bad side of the training team, they are definetly not happy with us and we are in for a lot of 'motivational training' as they call it, just a question of when.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Fitness_Freak wrote:In week 8 now, its an admin f@#k week- full of inspections. However we are on the bad side of the training team, they are definetly not happy with us and we are in for a lot of 'motivational training' as they call it, just a question of when.
FF

Kit thrown across the room time? Or full kit outside on the Parade ground...

Not funny when it happens to you though :cry: My kit wasn't the best and I thought more than once they would jail me :oops: But good character building stuff mate :wink:
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

Yeah try and enjoy it fellas! I wish we had the same scran as CTC in the units!! Anyway, after week 15 it seems to flyby :)
TUGG
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Me and future marine didnt enjoy week 8 to much because we ended up on crabby recruit all week which was sh*t. Just camer back from hunters moon and it was nails!!!!!! Dartmoor is not a freindly place. Survival ex was quite good tho..... the chicken was the best thing i had tasted all week. 2 weeks on the ranges now so we will see how that goes.
ashley

Post by ashley »

nufc_rulz wrote:Me and future marine didnt enjoy week 8 to much because we ended up on crabby recruit all week which was sh*t. Just camer back from hunters moon and it was nails!!!!!! Dartmoor is not a freindly place. Survival ex was quite good tho..... the chicken was the best thing i had tasted all week. 2 weeks on the ranges now so we will see how that goes.
Windy, with curious civvies pointing their binos at you.

All the best for the rest of it.

(Must say though, 925! I used to think it was going mental fast when 912 troop started.)
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Dont know if either of you are still about or back in training (dont come on the forums much now) but...
How are you coping with everything? like do you find everything easy to understand and do (not talking about phys here) or are there loads of times when you havent got a clue whats going on?
sully26

Post by sully26 »

one of the cpl said your troop honks 8)
prmc-25th july-passed
2nd october- recruit training