Share This Page:

POC instead of PRMC???

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Goy

POC instead of PRMC???

Post by Goy »

Hey,

I'm new to this forum but have been following it for quite a while. I'm currently applying for commisioned entry into the RM and have my POC on the 18th September, so if any one else has this date give us a line.

Anyway, I was talking to my AFCO and they said that if you do the POC and pass it, but fail the AIB, you can still go in as a recruit without doing your PRMC, because they are pretty similar. I just wondered if anyone else has heard of, or been told this???

Cheers,
Goy
SYKES

Post by SYKES »

WHAT THE F**K!!! :o
I have NEVER heard of that mate. I failed my POC, on one event - the endurnce course in April this year. I went -litruly- STRAIGHT to the AFCO on the way home through london, and filled out my initial application for a P.R.M.C.
I hope for your sake that this policy does exist but I had to start the WHOLE application from scratch, medical, examination, security clearance EVERYTHING.

Good luck with your POC.

Regards
SYKES.

Train hard fight easy!
sd88

Post by sd88 »

Yep if you pass the POC you can go straight to RT. Reason being POC is harder than PRMC.
POC: 8th May - Passed
AIB: 28th June - Passed
Final Selection: Failed!
MrC

Post by MrC »

Yup its true, same phys + more on POC, so it covers everything done on PRMC anyway.
JCAP3

Re: POC instead of PRMC???

Post by JCAP3 »

Goy wrote:Hey,

I'm new to this forum but have been following it for quite a while. I'm currently applying for commisioned entry into the RM and have my POC on the 18th September, so if any one else has this date give us a line.

Anyway, I was talking to my AFCO and they said that if you do the POC and pass it, but fail the AIB, you can still go in as a recruit without doing your PRMC, because they are pretty similar. I just wondered if anyone else has heard of, or been told this???

Cheers,
Goy
Oh sh**!!

That's got me thinking :o

If I screw up my AIB then its off to recruit training for me :D.

However, my AFCO did say otherwise - The POC is very different to the PRMC although alot harder. However they test different things.

I hope you're right though.

SYKES, what part did you fail on?
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

sd88 wrote:Yep if you pass the POC you can go straight to RT. Reason being POC is harder than PRMC.
Thats bull, I passed my POC November last year and failed my AIB, my AFCO then spoke directly to Lympstone and they said I have to do the whole process again, because they are slightly different processes. I actually found my PRMC harder than my POC as well.
We are what we do
MrC

Post by MrC »

tomharto30 wrote:
sd88 wrote:Yep if you pass the POC you can go straight to RT. Reason being POC is harder than PRMC.
Thats bull, I passed my POC November last year and failed my AIB, my AFCO then spoke directly to Lympstone and they said I have to do the whole process again, because they are slightly different processes. I actually found my PRMC harder than my POC as well.
Maybe you had a crap AFCO, but there are 1 or 2 members on here that have done exactly what the OP asked...failed AIB and went straight into recruit training with the POC pass being enough.

My liason officer has advised me of the same..direct recruit entry if I fail AIB without enough time to try again for '07 batch.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

It certainly used to be the case that you DID NOT have to do PRMC if you had passed a POC but failed A.I.B. There were at least two guys in RT who had not done PRMC when i was at CTC in 2003, but they had passed POC. Things may be different now of course, but it seems some people are being told different things.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

Goy wrote:
I was told this also. Although I would probably hang on the words of tomharto. There's a chance that some AFCO's are more inept then others because I certainly did not have to do my medical again.

Anyway might see you down there on "black tuesday" as my PRMC overlaps.
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

My AFCO told me just after my POC that if I failed AIB I could start RT, but in Feb when I failed AIB, he got hold of Lympstone they told him differenty. Also I spoke to training team running my PRMC and they told me that you weren't allowed to start RT with a POC pass.
We are what we do
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

JCAP3 wrote:

Cheers,
Goy
Oh sh**!!

However, my AFCO did say otherwise - The POC is very different to the PRMC although alot harder. However they test different things.

I'd love to see the look on your face if the AIB members are from Pompey and they know you are from the wrong side of the M27 <yikes!>
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

mfat_man wrote:
JCAP3 wrote:

Cheers,
Goy
Oh sh**!!

I'd love to see the look on your face if the AIB members are from Pompey and they know you are from the wrong side of the M27 <yikes!>
Yeah, i'll have to give them some breating apparatus because my appauling stink will offend them :lol:

Shows intuition, the Board will be very impressed.

If all else fails my Southampton FC face paint will scare them off, as we are just so bloody good. :wink:
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

JCAP3 wrote:
mfat_man wrote:
JCAP3 wrote: Oh sh**!!

Yeah, i'll have to give them some breating apparatus because my appauling stink will offend them :lol:

Shows intuition, the Board will be very impressed.

If all else fails my Southampton FC face paint will scare them off, as we are just so bloody good. :wink:
Not anymore you're not! But Burley is building a young side.

Good luck with the AIB :wink:
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

JCAP3 wrote:If all else fails my Southampton FC face paint will scare them off, as we are just so bloody good. :wink:
But never as good as Pompey! :wink:
Aways look on the bright side of life.
JCAP3

Post by JCAP3 »

Not anymore you're not! But Burley is building a young side.

Good luck with the AIB :wink

Thanks mate