Share This Page:

Nickosx- Recruit training diary

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
gjd1986

Post by gjd1986 »

yeah sorry didn't read page 3, musta' missed it, read the rest though. :oops:
Felias

Post by Felias »

Complete biff??? Ay?

Well if thats the case why cpl of 1 sec, tell me he was well impressed with me and cpl of 2 sec tell me he was impressed. I might not be the best at admin, my drill is sound, fieldcraft sound, Never fall asleep, always give 100%, pyss is decent. Your just basing that on the fact that sgt hates me. Yeah F****** be traffic guide with your ladys bag.!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: What nick is saying it true that our troop is nails same as the training team. :)
THinking about leaving already!
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Last edited by Nickosx on Mon 18 Sep, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

Marine recruits definatly do stand out in Exeter. Im not getting involved in this and nor is it necesserialy my opinion but nods are a kind of running joke about their peculiar dress sense, particulalry a fondness for tight jeans, white socks and black shoes.

In terms of being hated thats not completely true. Most women that i have come across dislike them as they have a reputation for being extremely sexually aggressive, turning abusive when they are knocked back.

The reason why they are banned from most bars is that they have a reputation for being excitable, aggressive, and mob handed. this is the same reasons all male parties are often barred from clubs now, together with rugby teams and stag dos etc. If you ran a pub would you want a large group of men in their with the sole intention of getting drunk? Add in the the fact that nod's generally think themselves pretty tasty, are a close knit team, need to let off steam and have the problem with women that I metioned previously. I think most pub owners decided that its not worth the trouble. This is not a problem solely with exeter. A lot of towns that have a large military base just outside have this kind of tension.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

nickosx wrote: I didnt say you were shit, just a biff, which after 2 weeks in a row on dirty recruit, you cant deny, specially as you slept in on one of them :P 8)
:lol:

Oh dear, that must have been a fun two weeks, i never had dirty recruit, it would have driven me mad, is it still 3 or 4 times a day at ridiculously annoying and consuming times???
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

bigdog wrote:Marine recruits definatly do stand out in Exeter. Im not getting involved in this and nor is it necesserialy my opinion but nods are a kind of running joke about their peculiar dress sense, particulalry a fondness for tight jeans, white socks and black shoes.
Tight Jeans can't say i've seen many lads wear them to be honest, were not allowed white socks, plus we have to wear shoes it the rules. Most lads would rather wear there trainers.

I understand what your saying though and to be fair it's true. Don't mean we have to like it though :P
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

I have to agree mainly with BigDog (are you Westwood btw? :wink: )

The scene is a little different in Exmouth as the general public realize its trained ranks and that a lot of the bootnecks are local and wont sh*t on their own doorstep kind of sketch.
I wouldnt like my local town to have a set of about 50 skinheads every 2 weeks parading round in their groups thinking their nails because theyve just learnt how to iron their rig and folded up a couple of socks.
There are arguements for both sides however, i mean you do get civvy lads waiting to jump odd nods here and there since they hold a grudge (being that we do steal most of their lady friends 8) ) but they will only ever cause a scene if the odds are in their favour, as in 8 of them and 2 or 3 recruits
Then their the big guys to all their friends 'we stomped some f**kin marines on the weekend, filled 'em right in we did'

To sum up, nods and local civvies are probably just as bad as each other, but after passing out you have too much to risk to mess around with local scrots who think their ten men (if the time arises though and theres no walking away, the civvies will get a bloody good seeing to)
TUGG
speedfreak

Post by speedfreak »

Alot of the time its probably the nods faults, As tugg says you do get 'some' that will want to play the billy big boll**ks look at me im a bootneck recruit and after one CQC lesson they're hard as nails. Im glad to say though the general nod is NOTHING like that but still, if im in exeter and a nod is in some sort of confrontation id be the first in there making sure hes not getting filled in.... Thats why nods just aren't allowed in anywhere, civvies will NEVER back you up when you need it, a nod / trained rank will.

I've just accepted i aint ever gonna have a decent night out in exeter, just crack training and all that can come afterwards.
daz89

Post by daz89 »

Awryt mate, got a few questions. Does the whole troop go out together? Is there anybody that doesnt go out? What does the younger lads do? (under 18's)... I'm only 17 but I would still like to go out fur a bev at the weekend.

Good luck ti everyone thats in training :wink:
t_o_m_!

Post by t_o_m_! »

hi daz, im in RT n im only 16 n i can still get into the pubs, some of my mates who are also 16 go in the hogs head (nods head) and drink, ull be fine just go in with older lads n get them to get ya the beer lol n cheers 4 the luck
927 troop all the way!
Hughser

Post by Hughser »

Looks like you lads have taken no time at all to fit in, its a shame to hear you can't spend a good night in the clubs though. Whats the rule for shoes exactly? just wondering if you could buy some civie clothes and waltz in looking like Ali G?

Hankins - you will have to fill me in, and be assured we will find some nice little filles on the weekend!

providing you dont drink me under the table again...
Recruit Tests - Passed
Interview - Passed
-- Injured --
2nd Interview - Passed
Medical - Passed
PJFT - 9.39 Passed
RMAD - 20th November
PRMC - 4th December
Felias

Post by Felias »

nickosx wrote:
Felias wrote:Complete biff??? Ay?

Well if thats the case why cpl of 1 sec, tell me he was well impressed with me and cpl of 2 sec tell me he was impressed. I might not be the best at admin, my drill is sound, fieldcraft sound, Never fall asleep, always give 100%, pyss is decent. Your just basing that on the fact that sgt hates me. Yeah F****** be traffic guide with your ladys bag.!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: What nick is saying it true that our troop is nails same as the training team. :)
Now that was funny as fook :lol: :lol: :lol: You coming back with your flower bag? :wink: I didnt say you were shit, just a biff, which after 2 weeks in a row on dirty recruit, you cant deny, specially as you slept in on one of them :P 8)
Watch alarm did not sound. That was unlucky. I an generally unlucky! :(

BTW, the poor admin routine is good for sharpening you up. I know as my kit musters are now sound. They really helped me as I was getting picked up on not having certain items. When the duty cpl from CTW does it, the standards are generally higher than getting inspected by your T team.
THinking about leaving already!
craigshuts

Post by craigshuts »

You just mentioned the alarm not going off on your watch, do i have to buy a seperate alarm clock? or isit fine to just use my watch as an alarm clock?
God is a marine, he failed airborne selection.
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Last edited by Nickosx on Mon 18 Sep, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

so on sundays at ctc do you just get up wenever?is it pretty chilled out or do you still have to be up relatively early?
Recruit Training: 13th November