Share This Page:

Passed PRMC 18th july

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Oz

Passed PRMC 18th july

Post by Oz »

G'day lads

Well passed thank god (sorry to hear about brian). Just got through by the skin off my teeth with bad scores the whole way through the course but was told i had to dig deep in gym test 2 order to pass so i just went for it gave it 110%.

Situps-65
pushups-35
chinups-4 sorry guys not 35 like i wrote before :lol:
bleep -11.7

Like brian explained the run was hot but i felt ok not to bad just stayed on the PTI as he sped away from the group. One lad failed by 4sec. and anther bloke got taken to hospital after passing out.Gym test 1 i got really bad scores. no excuses.

bottom field just had to dig deep and lads do circuits...do circuits....do circuits i had been doing hard circuits for 2 weeks before coming and they really do help with bottom field . 3 lads packed it in with not long to go. GYm test 2 you just have to go balls out and give everything.

umm tips .. 1. Go into eveytest looking for max scores just for that mental shove

2. Relax on the 3 miler i know it sounds stupid but just focus and settle out the nerves as i know alot of the lads had them. It was important for me to get them out and settle into the course and FOCUS.

3. Dont go hardcore on the warm up before the run just tuck in with the main pack and let them set the pace with the warm up, no sprinting across the bridge like your trying to impress just take it easy you still have 3 miles to do.

4. take time to do light stretchs in your room before you go out as you can focus and loosen up. My whole room did a group session before each activity.

Any questions just ask away or PM me and ill answer best way i can.

i have to dash out for dinner but will write more tonight.

Oz

I also want to thank all the old salts and all the rest of the forum members for helping out with advice and support when i was doubting my ability. this forum is a god send for all lads wanting to join the corps full stop.
Last edited by Oz on Fri 21 Jul, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJFT- 15/5/2006-9:00min
PRMC-18/7/2006-PASS
RT- 2/10/2006
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Congrats mate. I wouldn't say your scores are bad at all. Lets face it, you passed so they can't be.
I'm assuming that 35 chin ups is a typing error?!?! :o

Well done. All the hard work's ahead of you though!
Aways look on the bright side of life.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

well done oz, 35 chin-ups?, do you have hydraulic arms :lol:
PRMC 25th July 06 Passed
RT 18th September 06 929 Tp
MD'd after week 19

now in process of joining RMR
Mike The Sceptic

Post by Mike The Sceptic »

Very well done.

Even with the pushup count, a pass is a pass.

Well done

Post by briggfoot »

congrats Oz!
Thats another hurdle out the way to becoming a Royal Marine!

If its alright to start the "post-mortem" that occurs whenever anyone from the forum gets back from PRMC, could you explain the circuits you were doing in preparation for your PRMC, as you say these helped.
I do circuits that include sprinting, burpees and tuckjumps. Wanted to check these are on the right lines.

Well done again Oz! When are you going to start RT?
Andy
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

yer it'd be realy good if you could post up some of your circuits that you used? Also anything specific that could be used to prepare for gym test 2?
cheers mate and realy well done
Recruit Training: 13th November
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

way to go oz, im sure ill be seeing you in due time down at ctc, congrats.
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Oz

Post by Oz »

G'day brigg

yeah mate basically just made it up myself ummm sprint 50m come back and start a set of pyramid pressups up to 20 then with a sprint and jog back between each part of the pyramid. Then i would do the same but do situps so all in your doing sprints and doing upper body which helped heaps. Every second circuit that i would do i would change the exercises.

Sorry mate its not very flash but it helped me another one is on your 5km runs that you do all of a sudden you drop and do 6 'up e down e's' or pressups just trying to get the body used to that sudden snap when you have to change exercises. sorry mate thats all i did there are better ones probably the Beast is the best.

G'day Hankins

yeah cheers mate. Couple of good South African lads that got the same RT date as you from my PRMC so probably run into each other sometime.
I talked to my AFCO and he said beacuse of my secruity clearence it would be late september for me.

another thing with the PRMC its done on points so it was explained to me becuse i scored low on the Mech. comprehension at my AFCO office i had to get over level eleven two(sorry keyboard numbers are broken) in order to score enough points to pass my PRMC. My fault because of scoring low on other sections of the PRMC.

Oz
PRMC-18/7/2006-PASS
RT- 2/10/2006
lukebland89

Post by lukebland89 »

Really well done mate. I start on 31st july so maybe see you down there. Now the real hard work starts, well done again. Luke
927 Troop
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

best of luck for RT Oz, will talk to you on msn all about it very soon, well done mate, and im really sorry to hear about brian :(
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
SYKES

Post by SYKES »

Well done Oz, sound like good scores to me! :o
What was the bottom field thrashing like for your guys, if you can remember some of the beasties they made you do?
Also what were the other guys bleep test scores like, did people pass with scores around the ten mark?

Once again, well done!

Regards
SYKES

Train hard, fight easy!
mfat_man

Re: Passed PRMC 18th july

Post by mfat_man »

Oz wrote:G'day lads

Well passed thank god (sorry to hear about brian). Just got through by the skin off my teeth with bad scores the whole way through the course but was told i had to dig deep in gym test 2 order to pass so i just went for it gave it 110%.

Situps-65
pushups-35
chinups-4 sorry guys not 35 like i wrote before :lol:
bleep -11.7

Like brian explained the run was hot but i felt ok not to bad just stayed on the PTI as he sped away from the group. One lad failed by 4sec. and anther bloke got taken to hospital after passing out.Gym test 1 i got really bad scores. no excuses.

bottom field just had to dig deep and lads do circuits...do circuits....do circuits i had been doing hard circuits for 2 weeks before coming and they really do help with bottom field . 3 lads packed it in with not long to go. GYm test 2 you just have to go balls out and give everything.

umm tips .. 1. Go into eveytest looking for max scores just for that mental shove

2. Relax on the 3 miler i know it sounds stupid but just focus and settle out the nerves as i know alot of the lads had them. It was important for me to get them out and settle into the course and FOCUS.

3. Dont go hardcore on the warm up before the run just tuck in with the main pack and let them set the pace with the warm up, no sprinting across the bridge like your trying to impress just take it easy you still have 3 miles to do.

4. take time to do light stretchs in your room before you go out as you can focus and loosen up. My whole room did a group session before each activity.

Any questions just ask away or PM me and ill answer best way i can.

i have to dash out for dinner but will write more tonight.

Oz

I also want to thank all the old salts and all the rest of the forum members for helping out with advice and support when i was doubting my ability. this forum is a god send for all lads wanting to join the corps full stop.
Oz

Well done mate 8) Hopefully the step up to better things!
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Well done mate, glad you passed!

Were you the one who looked like Crocodile Dundee? Or was he South African? Not too good with accents... :D
Oz

Post by Oz »

G'day Sykes

ok this is what happened on bottom field..sprint from the tarzan. run around this wall come back do 10 pressups,10 situps,10 starjumps then sprint over and dive in water and sprint back then same again ..then run up the hill around the cone and do reps again this time 15 pressups 10 situps and 5 up e down e's then all over again then they put us over certain sections of the assault and it would start all over again. They tried a new program with us with the assault course first then bottom field after and iam sure all the blokes that have passed PRMC will wonder which combo is easier?????.

They explained that they are constantly trying different methods.Also it was the hottest temp in the gym has ever been recorded on wednesday since it was made. It was like getting wet then doing all the gym tests ...was threaders after it considering we got beasted to hell 15 min before for not being in the hall way on time and had to do pressups after pressups thats also a an excuse for my bad results :roll: . I dont believe many people passed if they scored below 11 on the bleep test but they might have just cant confirm.

Yeah brian mate iam sorry i was so slack and didnt come and track you down before you left i was with a HUGE south african boy looked like Arnie and was being slagged for being an aussie convict . Were you the lad that said about shinsplints? keep up the hardwork though, you should be proud to get as far as PRMC and at least attempt the course.

Regards

Oz

keep the questions coming try the best i can with them

Oz
Last edited by Oz on Sat 22 Jul, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRMC-18/7/2006-PASS
RT- 2/10/2006
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Oz wrote:Were you the lad that said about shinsplints?
Nah wasn't me surprisingly! :lol:

How many passed anyway?