Share This Page:

Advice

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
the_trainee

Advice

Post by the_trainee »

Hi everyone, aint posted a topic in a long while, probably since considering wether to re do PRMC after receiving the 6 month recall notice.
eventually realised i didnt enjoy pushing myself to the degree to gain entry, but nevertheless i still enjoy phys, go the gym 3 times a week doing similar training to when i applied.
But i need advice on a problem that is caused whilst out running, i never ever thought id be saying this as my running has always been my plus point, did the 3 miler on prmc 21.00 mins exact last year, but i have been gettin this painful rash of spots like pinheads on both sides of the top of my inner legs near my groin, and they sting like hell for a day or two afterwards, i wear usually loose shorts, and i dont know if anyone can diagnose this? Dont do half as much running as i used to but its still not fun, Going las vegas next week on me hols and be nice to get advice before i go?
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Have you been to the GP about it yet? I'd also think about visiting your local sexual health clinic.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
fro83

Post by fro83 »

My advice is go to the Docs. Could be a fungal infection, Athletes groin mabye? Best thing you can do is get it checked out!
Application- 13/03/06
Written Test - Passed
Interview - 25/04/06- Passed
Medical - June 27th - Passed
PJFT - 27 july - 10:19
PRMC - 3rd October FAIL next one in 6months
prm_hanson

Post by prm_hanson »

i can kind of relate to what you have, as when i used to go running in loose shorts the insides of my legs got sweaty an rubbed together causing an nice little rash to appear that burned like hell...spree i think its called..my advice would be to wear cycling shorts!
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

thanks for info guys, been the sexual health and they say its nothing related to that side of things, but yes prm hanson my symptoms seem alike to yours, i really want to get running again when i get home from abroad but no chance with the pain it gives me afterwards :cry:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Wack some Vaseline around the bits that get the rash. It may help.

Artist
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Time to hit the ladies section and invest in some high quality moisturiser. It'll allow your skin to breathe a little better than vaseline whilst still keeping the skin moist.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Sweat rash. Happens to most people, bits get sweaty and the skin rubs together more causing irritation. Tends to be worse around the beginning of summer & winter or when temperature / humidity changes radically.

Wearing really thin lycra rowing shorts instead of boxers works for me. I wouldn't go for the moisturiser, you want to decrease friction not increase it, vaseline might work, never tried. Otherwise go to the pharmacist and get some hydrocortisone cream to slap on it after you've been out, will help clear it up quicker.

Sooner or later your body gets used to it and it mostly disappears.
chris5818

Post by chris5818 »

No the trick is to get some stick deodorant and wack as much on as you can, that is the only way forward, you ladies may feel a bit sick when you hear this but when i ran my own pub, the amount of friction that built up was unbelievable especially in the beer garden in the summer, don't know how many trousers i burnt holes in. Started to get big blisters round my inner thigh (nice). Went to see the quack he reccomended using the stick and to be honest was the best thing i ever did.

No more burnt flesh for bund.

Word of advice though "STICK ONLY!!!, OTHER STUFF BURNS LIKE HELL, I KNOW :oops: "
PJFT: June o6 - 9.07
PRMC: Passed December 07
RT: February 08