Share This Page:

ROYAL MARINES ACQUAINT DAY

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
jarhead

ROYAL MARINES ACQUAINT DAY

Post by jarhead »

ok as far as i know this is a must do before doing prmc.

can anyone explain basical what you do their and what tests they make you do before you then do prmc?
Doc

Post by Doc »

theres a spelling test first off!
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

mate it just mimics the first day of PRMC, 3 miler, bleep test, gym test 1 and on mine it said on the letter there will also be unarmed combat

i'v got mine next week
noddave06

Post by noddave06 »

Hey All,

I did one of these last year I think. You dont have to do one of these before PRMC. They are just for civvies to have a look at what the Royal Marines do. I did NO phys whatsoever on mine! We just had a laugh all day. Paintballing, Climbing, Abseiling, Rides in rigid raiders. Really good day.

Although it could be a different type of day. Im sure mine was a 'Meet the Marines' day!

If it is a 'replica' prmc day 1 then thats all good aswell. You know what to expect then.

Dave.
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

You get [/b]acquainted with the Royal Marines? I've never been on one so that's a total stab in the dark...
fubar84

Post by fubar84 »

Well, I ruined that bit of witty sarcasm with my lack of techno wizardry.
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

iwas told and some others have been its now a must do before you undertake a prmc :-? so am kinda not sure what is going on, and why they have intraduced this.

ow well another free train ticket i guess 8)
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

i think it was because there were a few people going down to PRMC not ready and not knowing what to expect, so this will

a) let you have a feel for the training

b) let them have a look at your current level of fitness

previously it wasn't a pass or fail thingy, but i suspect that it will be now
daz89

Post by daz89 »

I went down to the AFCO today and got an application form. The sailor told me that the next acquaint day was on the 6th July and if I pass the tests and medical he will send me to the RMR to do it. If I am fit enough he will get me on a date for PRMC ASAP, but if I need to work on something he will put me on a later PRMC and another acquaint day.

He told me that his office done this with everyone because he doesn’t want to send someone down to do the PRMC unless he knows they are up to the required standard (it makes the office look good).

Anyway, the tests:

You do your maximum amount of push-ups and sit-ups in 2 mins (I cant remember him saying anything about pull-ups). Then you do the Bleep test, so basically gym test 1 of PRMC.

Then you go for a run down on the field (I’m pretty sure its 3 miles in 22 minutes).

I wasn’t expecting to get a date that’s so soon :o So I’m going to be working my arse of for the next month to get myself fitter. Hopefully I’ll be going down to Lympstone in a couple of months and coming back with a pair of boots :D

Regards Darryn Ednie, Anymore questions ask before I forget :lol:
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

The RMAD is different to the meet the marines.

The RMAD is a day when people who are in the process of joining the marines can go down (normally nearest reserve place). Like people said you do the same tests as day one Prmc. It gives you and the afco scores that you can look at what needs improving and how long before doing prmc. Its not a pass or fail as such but if you do get crap scores you wont be put on c@#t you have trained more.
In_Training

Post by In_Training »

It sounds like it makes sense, although im pretty confident that as an individual you could tell whether you are up to PRMC standard yet.

Then again - its free - its a workout - its an insight - Why not!
robouk

Post by robouk »

If you already have a date for PRMC and get poor scores on RMAD, would your PRMC be postponed ?
Applied: 25th Dec 05
Written test: [b]Passed[/b]
Interview: [b]Passed[/b]
Medical: [b]Passed[/b]
PJFT: [b]Passed[/b]
PRMC: ?
daz89

Post by daz89 »

I was told that if I get bad scores he'll book a later date for the PRMC and another RMAD, but Im not sure if this applies to everyone. I prefer it this way becuase if I get good enough scores on RMAD I'll go down to lympstone a lot more confident.

Regards Darryn Ednie
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

So is this somthing that you have to do, or is it optional? It getting time off work you see, its really hard.
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
daz89

Post by daz89 »

I think it depends on what AFCO you go to mate, the one in Dunfermline send you to it before they send you down to Lympstone. Thats all I know.