Share This Page:

POC- 1st May- PASSED

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
WannabBootneck

POC- 1st May- PASSED

Post by WannabBootneck »

Well lads, I've done it! :lol: :lol:
It was a hard as I expected, and in parts even harder!

I'm going to write a small summary of my time there for anybody who's interested, but as Deadhead has already written a very comprehensive account, I will mainly talk about where my course was different.

On my course 21 started, 6 didn't pass day 1, and a further 4 didn't pass due to day 2 (but the day 2 people didn't know, or go home until the end) .
Main reason for fail was bleep test score on day 1.
Day 2 main reason was due to either not finishing the endurance course (due to being too slow, nobody gave up they were withdrawn by staff) or because they failed to do the fireman's carrys in the required time(s).

My course was the first course in four years where nobody VW'd on the bottom field!

11 passed in total.

If you have any questions, then ask away, and I'll answer them in my quick account I'll do when I have more time.

WbB
(AKA Jay)
chris5818

Post by chris5818 »

Well mate may as well be the first to say congratulations, as nearly 30 people have read this topic now with not one comment or well done.

So well done and good look for the start of training and your future mate.

Chris
PJFT: June o6 - 9.07
PRMC: Passed December 07
RT: February 08
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

yea mate well done and congratulations

jim
rc

Post by rc »

Good stuff - Well done mate.

Rich.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Excellent job mate, prepare well & good luck for AIB!
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Well done mate!!
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Fantastic achievement - all the best.
sd88

Post by sd88 »

I know there was a guy from Boston on that POC. Do you know if he passed as well? I know he was a triathlete if that helps
POC: 8th May - Passed
AIB: 28th June - Passed
Final Selection: Failed!
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Well done mate, greate effort, just wondering about your gym test scores and the average sort of scores of the rest of your course. I remember on deadheads the scores didnt seem so high for potential officers?
Nick
AdamMc

Post by AdamMc »

Well done fella, good effort - I know, I failed.

Was there a guy called Gary on your course? From the region of Lancashire / Chorley - I think.

How did you find TOBRUK? Also, isn't colours a god! Especially in those red shorts at the pool! :lol:
"A Nation that draws too broad a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Anon
lukebland89

Post by lukebland89 »

really well done mate im so happy for you. Good luck for the future
927 Troop
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

Just wondering what your scores were like for all your tests?

Push ups, sit ups, pull ups and beep?
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Deadhead

Post by Deadhead »

Congratulations mate! Seems to be an average pass of about 50% for POC. Now crack on with AIB.

Did people really fail for the firemans carry? I only managed 97 seconds for the longer of the two, and there were a few people behind me, yet we all passed. Mind you, we were all within limits for the second carry.
WannabBootneck

Post by WannabBootneck »

Cheers lads (and Ladies)

Yer, colours is an absolute legend... I've never had to conceal laughter as much as by the pool, with him in those shorts :D:D

My gym test score was second to best, a Lad called Nutt (from Newcastle RMR) bettered me!

My scores are as follows:

Pressups: 60
Situps: 85
Pull ups: 14
Bleep test: 11.7

My total RMFA score was 336 (out of a possible 400)
Nutt managed to get 352 I think (really good!) and there were some BIG failures (Colours said one lad got the lowest score in 4 years, in front of everyone, just before our essays!) generally those that did well got above 200 points.

I'd just like to point out at this point though, and I really want to stress it to all POC's:
The RMFA is not the be all and end all of the course.

You should be getting easy level 11 on the bleep test (colours said my level 11.7 was crap, and for training I will need 13+!!!)
If you're expecting to get a place in the 06 batch, then you should have no problems with the first days tests, you'll need as much energy as possible for day 2! (believe me!!)

As far as I'm aware, yes people did fail (or were told they had) because of the fireman's carrys. This might be a gentle way of letting them down, I don't know.

Adammc:
Gary was on the course, he was in the room opposite me.
I got the train back with him.
Sadly, he was unsucessful. He's going to try again.

Jay
Last edited by WannabBootneck on Fri 05 May, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.