Share This Page:

Doc was alright

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

nickosx wrote:
Spooky wrote:
nickosx wrote:Would advise advise you not to run on the treadmil, because err its crap.
Tell me somewhere else someone can find a hill they can set the desired incline to and run straight up for as long as their legs will support them :P
Fair one :wink: but..Hill runs are generally used to increase power, and are done using sprints, you cant really do that on a treadmil, well i suppose you can a little, but overall treadmils are not the greatest way to train 8)
Thats a fair enough point, power is one thing, but then if you get on a treadmill for two hours on an incline that when you come off you can barely stand, that power is going to translate to faster timings on normal *flat* runs.

So long as the aerobic conditioning is suitable. But I spend time on treadmills with silly inclines and when getting back on the road Im flying along, feels like Im not even putting as much effort in.

Treadmills are not to be relied on, no doubt about that whatsoever, but they are an excellent training aid.
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Agree with you there, just never been a fan of them myself. If it works, why not eh? :wink:
Nick