Share This Page:

first time runner

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
robouk

Post by robouk »

Went for my fourth run today of about 7 - 8 miles. Great day for it too :D

It is definately a lot easier and i'm getting familiar with the routine so it doesn't seem to take as long which is even better! :D
Applied: 25th Dec 05
Written test: [b]Passed[/b]
Interview: [b]Passed[/b]
Medical: [b]Passed[/b]
PJFT: [b]Passed[/b]
PRMC: ?
Doc

Post by Doc »

A-level PE
well then.......... it must be true :o

Im off to run into a wall as Im so impressed. :-?
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Well I dont hear anyone else saying otherwise :lol:

I think schools have to teach us things that are true, but mind you I'm not sure on that :oops:
pablo

Post by pablo »

letsrole wrote:Well I dont hear anyone else saying otherwise :lol:

I think schools have to teach us things that are true, but mind you I'm not sure on that :oops:
Scratch that mate, a teacher once told me Father Christmas wasn't real. But we all know the truth about that!
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Rich wrote:
letsrole wrote:Well I dont hear anyone else saying otherwise :lol:

Scratch that mate, a teacher once told me Father Christmas wasn't real. But we all know the truth about that!
Hold on a sec...hes not real?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
AdamMc

Post by AdamMc »

Lactic acid is a bi-product of respiration which occurs in microcellular organisms called Mitochondria. It will not be produced if oxygen is present in the cell.

If it is not oxidised by oxygen then it becomes toxic and hence painful. As you exercise, your lungs and cardiovascular system become more efficent, allowing more gas transfer (CO2 out of blood, O2 into blood) and hence more oxygen to your cells. More oxygen, less lactic acid, less toxicity, less pain, more exercise. As your exercise increases so does your lactic limit.

Many people think cardiovascular exercise is about muscles, it is actually about your lungs and your heart.
"A Nation that draws too broad a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Anon
robouk

Post by robouk »

Ah well, ecesive alohol,..... and DONNER EJKbabs im a bit pissed, trinsaing for tmomrow is fuced lol
robouk

Post by robouk »

robouk wrote:Ah well, ecesive alohol,..... and DONNER EJKbabs im a bit pissed, trinsaing for tmomrow is fuced lol
Wow, who's that ****er haha :D
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

letsrole wrote:Well I dont hear anyone else saying otherwise
I'm with you on this one, I did A level PE too, taught me everything I know.

I can tie my own shoe laces, cut up my fish fingers my very self and even wipe my own sh!tty botty after doing a whoopsy thank you very much, mind you I normally have to wash it afterwards.

No, seriously, I'm glad I did it...
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

We dont get taught that in our PE lessons, we are missing out by the sounds :-?
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

letsrole wrote:We dont get taught that in our PE lessons, we are missing out by the sounds :-?
I was actually going to write a serious reply but couldn't resist.

I did do A level PE and I agree with your commments. The syllabus contains plenty of sports science and even enters into the forbidden realm of biology so was plenty deep enough to cover energy systems and the like.

Regards,
Greg.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
Greg123

Re: first time runner

Post by Greg123 »

jarhead wrote:ok basicaly i dint to to well on prmc due to my running( never done it befor due to swimming for a club)

now i want to do my prmc and i bielive i am a bad runner, i think its to do with breathing different to swimming.

now basicaly i need help with a running program also is it possible to do within 2 months to be able to pass prmc 3 miler?

hope this makes sense any routines you find helpful ect welcome
Jarhead, It has nothing to do with your swimming at all. If your as good as a swimmer as you say you are you will have a bigger lung capacity then most people who are just getting into running. I used to train 20hours a week in the pool. And I actually found my swimming helped me with my running.
Obviously everyone finds running difficult when they start like any sport. You just need to get into your running, and following sarcastos advice will do you well. Ive trained with Dalton Grant before(Can jump pretty high :wink: ) and he gave me a tip to breath through your nose. Don't know if that will help you?

With your swimming training behind you[The hardest sports training in the world(If you disagree prove me wrong)] you will without doubt have the fitness. Just get into your running training and you will be fine mate.
Best of luck
Felias

Post by Felias »

robouk wrote:Went for my fourth run today of about 7 - 8 miles. Great day for it too :D

It is definately a lot easier and i'm getting familiar with the routine so it doesn't seem to take as long which is even better! :D

I used to do that distance, but take my word for it, it is not enough to pass the course, simply because it is comfort pace and not working the heart as much, my comfort pace is 7 min miles. Breathing is slow and not fast but combined with some sprinting it gets the lungs going. :wink:
THinking about leaving already!