Share This Page:

Life after foundation??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Rct Fowkes

Life after foundation??

Post by Rct Fowkes »

Hi everyone this is my first post so go easy on me, im just a mf virgin still :wink: i have just finished week 2 at lympstone and becasue of easter break i am having 2 weeks off (well nealy finished now). whats the general feeling when you move out of foundation block does it get a little easier because you have more free time? or do the training team still randomly pay visits so you get disrupted from your admin? i know its a silly question but im board and cant wait to get back. hello to all the 919 troop members see u on sunday.
Felias

Post by Felias »

I start in a bit, did you ever get all your stuff thrown out of the window? Or any nasty tricks played on you?
THinking about leaving already!
-luke-Rm-

Post by -luke-Rm- »

hey, welcome. I start training on the 24th so i must be the troop after yours. Hows everything going? What sort of stuff should i expect for my first two weeks? Sorry i cant answer your question, sure someone here can though. Enjoy the site :D
No Pain No Gain
Rct Fowkes

Post by Rct Fowkes »

nah, nothing was thrown out the window but i dnt globe and laurel my big green itchy jumper aswell as they wanted so they chucked that across the room lol but its all good tho. the 1st few days is a real culture shock and you just feel like you dont know whats going on, but after a few days i started to enjoy it, and carn't wait to get back and crack on with the weeks. when i go back we have weapons trainnig so the fun starts lol :D but obv i didn't just join to get my hands on a rifle, and stop pretending to play soldiers with my super-soaker with my little bro :P ha just jokeing. back to the point, you don't get much sleep in foundation becasue there is about 50 ironing boareds but only 7 or so have covers on then and puting your towel over the board isnt as good so its a mad dash to get a ironing board and if you dont get one you are up late or up early to get it done becasue they give you a time to be in bed and lights out so you have to get up early to get finished what you didn't finish at night. any other questions just pm, and i will try and answer but as i sed im only in week 3 when i go back so im still learning everything :wink:
AdamMc

Post by AdamMc »

Check this out Fowkes.

CLICK HERE

Just so the rest of the English-Speaking world can understand your communications. My eyes are blurry after reading your last message. Glad you seem to be looking forward to weapons training. Hope to see you at CTC on the 24th as I am down there for my POC.

Have fun :wink:
"A Nation that draws too broad a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Anon
Felias

Post by Felias »

WHat about bringing your own cover for the ironing boards?? Or are they special ones or something? I heard about a smaller amount of sleep during foundation. But is anyone still up even at 3 am?? Ohh, have you experienced any bottomfield type warmups???
THinking about leaving already!
Rct Fowkes

Post by Rct Fowkes »

This might help you then mate

http://specsavers.com/ (don't know if the link has worked??)

we don't want you to fail your medical now do w, so this might help your blurry eyes :D
Rct Fowkes

Post by Rct Fowkes »

yeah you could take your own cover or even better your ouwn board, but i did't know what to expect with the ironing situation. well we had a "bedtime2 ha lights out at 10.30pm so what you did not get finished you had to get up at say 3am or 4am to get it done for the inspection. if that makes sence?
Rct Fowkes

Post by Rct Fowkes »

oh yeah forgot about the bottom feild question. no we have just been in the gym up until now but we have been out on a 3 mile run it was the 3 miler that we did on the prmc but when you get to the house and you turn around (1 1/2 miles) we had to do it in best effort bk and everyone had to beat 10 mins. i finished 3rd with a time of 8.24 :D i think only 3 or 4 lads didn't beat the 10mins mark and when we got back there was a rhumor that if you didn't beat 10min you would be back trooped?? i havn't a clue if its true?
james_m

Post by james_m »

10 mins :o :o

Nice to see that phys during Foundation is very progressive!

Well done so far and welcome to the forum! Good luck with the rest of training!!

Cheers mate
James :wink:
beardo

Post by beardo »

Fowkes who's in your training team?
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Hello mate, life after foundation eaiser not really, sure you get more time but not a lot more as it depends on what you have on the next day. In my experience foundation wasnt that bad but moving into the new Grots was a hell of a lot better. Make sure there always on the ball as theres a treat in store for you in the form of 'Bill' the hill, i have seen that a few times. It will get better for you at week 8 thats when i remember getting alot more free time espically at weekends, and those fellas who got over 10 mins on the 1.5 mile run, well what can you say...Good luck with training.
Jitts

Post by Jitts »

I'm also in 919 troop can't wait to get back & crack on with training but I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying this little break :lol: not bad eh 2 weeks down there & we get shipped back home.
I can only remmember the DL ****, can't remmember any more of the of the training team.
Good luck to the new guys going down after easter see you sunday 919 troop

Lads please refrain from using names in clear on an open forum, use the PM facility, cheers Doc.
If you strangle a smirf what colour would it turn....?
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

I'm gonna take down my own ironing board, can you do this? im sure they sell fold up ones somewhere. :lol: :lol:

Also, what uniform can you take away from CTCRM? Can you actually take anything away from CTCRM during your leave?

Cheers,

Mitch
Jitts

Post by Jitts »

Sorry Doc I should have realised, don't worry won't let it happen again!!!

Mitch I wouldn't bother yet mate wait until you get moved to your grot after week 2. I say this as some of the other lads brought their own but had to keep them with the rest of the normal ones & had other guy's just picking up theirs when there was a mad rush. If you want to give yourself an advantage add this to your kit list -
some cotton wool (for bulling drill shoes), Parade gloss polish (again for drill shoes), extra polish (kiwi), either some sticky tape or one of those sticky roller things (wilko's), Masking tape, Scouring pads & a couple of sets trouser twists (Army stores). You get the opportunity to go & buy this stuff but if like me you need as much time as possibly for admin 8 mins in the NAFFI doesn't do you any favours.

Hope this helps 8)
If you strangle a smirf what colour would it turn....?