Share This Page:

Circuit Training: The Beast

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
james_m

Post by james_m »

Thanks for that SJ, that 5k circuit looks pretty good, I might give that a blast.

Cheers
James
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Sit Ups with a 130kg barbell on your chest is more fun, get to 30 and you`ll have bragging rights to the Milky bars.
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Chappy wrote:Sit Ups with a 130kg barbell on your chest is more fun, get to 30 and you`ll have bragging rights to the Milky bars.
or a very sore back! :o
Nick
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

I have never done a circuit before so today i thought i would give this Beast one ago, and i have to say that is fantastic and im defo adding it into my training programe. Cheers James :)
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
james_m

Post by james_m »

Not a problem future_marine. There are a few other circuits in the book which I might get around to typing up at a later date. As I said, I found that it was great as I was stuck on maximum pressups for ages but after doing this my maximums are increasing every week.

My weekly training programme now is:

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Circuit: The Beast (followed by situp and pressup maximums and weights session).
Wednesday - Active Rest (Bike or Swim)
Thursday - 3 miler followed by sprints and pressups and situps circuit.
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Circuit:The Beast (followed by situp and pressup maximums and weights session).
Sunday - 1.5 mile sprint followed by pressup and situp maximums followed by a short intense weights session.

I am trying to keep it quite light at the moment as I do not want to go and get any injuries such as shin splints etc..

Cheers
James
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

Chappy wrote:Sit Ups with a 130kg barbell on your chest is more fun, get to 30 and you`ll have bragging rights to the Milky bars.
Confirm 130kg not 130lb? :o

Greg.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

I tend to do burpess, press ups, sit ups, pull ups and monkey a goal crossbar, with a 20m sprint between. 45mins, but take a water and tinkle break 22mins in. Although I havent done this for two months due to my Physio being incompetant. I`ll give 'The Beast' a crack, it will be interesting to see what times people get. Please post them!

130kg - due to my injury, high weight - low rep exercises were all I was capable of and still, to a degree.
hc00

Post by hc00 »

I can remember doing a set of 20 situps with 50kg on my chest that I thought was probably the best I'll ever do.

You da man chappy. 130 bloody kilos....
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Thanks mate but not really - look at my post count. Being doing this game far longer than I should of. Its not too hard and anyone can do it in the time frame I`ve been doing it.

To even it out I can only bicep curl 35kg per arm. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

Chappy wrote:130kg - due to my injury, high weight - low rep exercises were all I was capable of and still, to a degree.
Right, I've gotta have a crack at that.
rc

Post by rc »

Chappy,

Are you really saying you can do 30 sit ups with a 130 kg barbell on your chest ? or have I got the wrong end of the stick ?
To even it out I can only bicep curl 35kg per arm.
35 kg per arm is very, very good ?

Rich.
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

rc wrote:Chappy,

Are you really saying you can do 30 sit ups with a 130 kg barbell on your chest ? or have I got the wrong end of the stick ?

Rich.
Gotta say myself, I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Greg The Great wrote:
rc wrote:Chappy,

Rich.
Gotta say myself, I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:
I`d be more than happy to show you, its no big deal. You can even oil my chest after, you big silly sausage. I`ve got an arse thats faster than a Bee`s wing. You`ll love it GregMeisterGeneral.

Chase me! Chase me!
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

Chappy wrote:I`d be more than happy to show you, its no big deal. You can even oil my chest after, you big silly sausage. I`ve got an arse thats faster than a Bee`s wing. You`ll love it GregMeisterGeneral.

Chase me! Chase me!
You're on ladyboy, but only if we can have a dance off afterwards you big gay bear.

Greg XX
ausguy

Another circuit for you all

Post by ausguy »

This circuit comes from the Aust SASR 13 Week Prep Fitness Program.

I changed one exercise, however, and that is doing bent over rows instead of lying down pullups (which suck anyway)

No rest between exercises; once you complete first set move straight onto second and then third and then...if you struggle at end of first set, take 30 sec break before moving on...but you shouldn't need it.

First Set: 10 Pull Ups; 20 Pushups; 20 Bentover Rows (with barbell); 10 Dips; 20 Squats; 20 step ups; 20 Situps BFA or RM standard; skipping for 1 minute.

Second set: Same as above, but subtract two reps of each exercise and continue doing this for remaining sets - total of 5 sets.

I use the same weight on the barbell for all exercises - mainly cos i can't be arsed changing it, but thats a personal thing. Increase the weight after a few weeks, or when you feel that it is too easy. Also, since i've done this for a while, i reccommend substituting 20 burpees for the skipping for extra challenge.

Should take no longer than 20-25mins tops and gives a good workout...up to you how often you do it.

enjoy lads