Share This Page:

30 or 32 weeks?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Konassin

30 or 32 weeks?

Post by Konassin »

When i first heard of the Marines training, i remember somebody telling me it was 32 weeks. Since then, most of what i have seen has said it's 30 weeks. But just today, after my PRMC pre-course briefing, i found a comment in one of the documents i was given, mentioning 32 weeks.

Now, could someone please put me out of my misery and give me a definite answer on this? :oops:

Thanks.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Training is now 32 weeks.

Changed from 30 about 18 months ago
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Konassin

Post by Konassin »

Stix@CTC wrote:Training is now 32 weeks.

Changed from 30 about 18 months ago
Cheers mate! :D
danny_ufc

Post by danny_ufc »

why have they made it longer??
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

There is a few things that are included now that didn't used to happen.

Advanture training add a couple of days. Think they also get an extra long weekend now too. They used to work weekends which they now don't so it all adds up. Nothing major - gives you two weeks recovery time too!
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Kane

Post by Kane »

It was well more than 18 months thought, I would say at least 24-30 months, it's been awhile! But they've yet to update so much literature in the AFCO's. It all still reads 30 months.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Well lets not be picky.

You should be able to find out whats going on very soon as they are going to do PRMC's on your side of the Pond.

You heard it here first!
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Its been extended to cover extra weapon systems plus you also do the ECDL which ties in with BOWMAN and everything evolving round bloody computers these days :evil: most people struggle with computers, unless your a spotter like stix.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Shrek The Royal

aka Sneaky Beaky

Still hiding in the shadows are we? Come on show yourself. I'm sure we have met?
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

:lol: i like anonmity (carnt say it never mind spell it) you know what i mean, see you on Monday mabey :wink:
Kane

Post by Kane »

They're going to begin doing PRMC's over in North America? Where did you hear that? Would be convient though for sure!
gkayesem

Post by gkayesem »

Are many potential recruits from Canada? Obviously there a couple on the forums, but their are also South Africans, Aussies and New Zealanders, and a bunch of other. Will PRMCs be held in all these countries?

Getting cheated out of a visit to Lympstone in my opinion. But its probably more convenient and cheaper for potentials.
Kane

Post by Kane »

Definitaly cheaper, no doubt about that! As for missing out on Lympstone, I did a PRMC back in July '04, so I know what that's all about... wink, wink.

Cheers, Brent