Share This Page:

Friday 9th December

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Glad it's getting better Letsrole.

Im going to give myself a right beasting next week, 400m (one lap of track) reps at 6:20 mile pace (95secs per lap) 1-2 minute jog recovery intervals.
Upwards of 10 reps I'll be happy, going to be intense though but that bleep test won't seem so bad then!
Nade

Post by Nade »

Thats excellent mate, a massive improvement in one month! Glad your getting on well. Keep up the good work and you will do yourself proud on POC.

Nade
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Just done a 6 mile run and could hardly stand up when i got back. But i deicided to do pull ups, press ups and sit ups and you can really feel the benefit of pushing as many as you can out when your tired rather than when you're fresh.

Dom
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

nufc what's your CV fitness plan looking like at the moment mate?
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Normall on a monday we go running at college and we do different running sessions so we either do a 1.5 mile run, 3 mile run, interval session, 5 mile jog with hill sprints.

Then on a tuesday i do a fast pace 3 mile run

Wednesday i do a 1.5 mile run.

Day off on thursday

Friday i do sprints on the football field by me and then go and do 10 hill sprints.

Saturday day off

Sunday i do a 6 mile run

This was my running plan while i was at college because it would fit in with the fitness we do at college but now we have broke up im going to be changing it.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Cool, you going to practise the bleep test at all?
I got it but haven't got around to it yet.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Yeh we do it at college in september i got level 13.6. We also did it last week when i went on a look at life course at lympstone and i got level 12 but i was shattered after doing things like the endurance course and assault course. Ive improved loads on the bleep test as my best score this time las year was level 9 :oops:
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

That's an excellent score mate. I got to get practising that, yeh it's a right ego buster when you try it first, I had level 8 or something!
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

I will be happy if i make it to level 12 on the prmc because of all the other tests you have to do and the harsh warm ups. Whats your upper body strength like?
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

When I finally get back into them it's good.
I lifted weights from the age of 16, (am 22 now) and fresh I could get over 60 pressups with one brief pause at around the 50 mark.
Pullups im happy with oddly enough it's situps I find a bit of a challenge.
But I have the same thing as you, I run so much these days I find it hard to get motivated for upper-body, but will have to.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Yeh thats the only thing i need to work on before the Prmc is my press ups and pull ups.