Share This Page:

Royal Marines Initiation - sprog olympics

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

dalo wrote:I start training on january 30th and i would of thought once passed training things like this would happen. One question though did the NCO punchone guy and kick the other because they didnt want to do it?
By the very limited amount of footage I saw on sky news, they were already punching each other (although I think it only showed them with the padding things around their arms). Maybe they refused to punch each other bareknuckle and he got a kicking?
Or he was pissed and wanted to join in :wink:
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

To be completely honest, i think it actually looked harder then it was, i mean, the guy was pissed outta his face, he gets a boot in the face, but it wasnt exactly the hardest kick in the world was it, looked to me as if he just tapped him in the face with his foot.
All in all, i think most people wouldnt even give a damn if they were that drunk, just like Doc said, it was probably more to do with the drink than the kick that made him fall. Plus the guy doesnt want to put a statement up against his buddies, just shows that it wasnt bullying.
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

Cheers for all the input from the lads who have served, gives us a chance as young hopefuls to see what it is really about. As opposed to some News person who doesnt even know the role of the Marines. You know the type of person thats response when you tell them that your joining the Marines is something like.... Are the Marines the ones that go on boats?? That makes me want to kick them in the f-ing head!!

I can understand better what the attitude WITHIN the forces is to this! Cheers Doc, who seems to know the answer to everything! And everyone else who has given input!

Ahh to much for one day!

dave
harry73

Post by harry73 »

cruicent said
although I think it only showed them with the padding things around their arms
yeah it looks as though they were wearing roll mats on there arms.

harry
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

This years most sort after Christmas Pressie :-

They do a Sailor one as well but that perminantly bent over at the waist :lol:
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
SO19

Post by SO19 »

hahaha thats bloody funny. :D

These new actionmen are ponses though, the olduns had blue underpants. 8)
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
Doc

Post by Doc »

Stix@CTC wrote:This years most sort after Christmas Pressie :-

They do a Sailor one as well but that perminantly bent over at the waist :lol:
Brills Stix!! Funny as flip fair play!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the browny points you scored have been lost by the sailor remark :lol: Just cos I dont sit down much after a night out doesnt mean Im queer :o :lol:
cruicent

Post by cruicent »

Stix@CTC wrote:This years most sort after Christmas Pressie :-

haha, nice mate, that pic came out fast.
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Stix theres a nice trip waiting for you tomorrow to Abroath in an MJ :lol:
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

No, Sunnybridge with the JCC Tuesday fornoon :cry: :cry: :cry:
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
bird

Post by bird »

Looks all fun and games, i just hope if all goes to plan and i recover from my injury and actually get in i get to dress up as the school girl? :wink: :roll: :oops:

I'll be off.....
On the road to recovery.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

guys,

im pretty sure i didnt give you the rights to use my action man photo,s so expect a bill in the post.
cruicent

Post by cruicent »

The clip is during daylight isnt it? Dunno what time it gets dark when it was filmed but do you get drunk during the day? I dont think I have, unless they were still hammered in the morning...
clintnz

Post by clintnz »

I can understand male bonding and everything but I would like to know what would happen if you are told to do an initiation and instead you said go f@#k yourself, obviously you wouldn't make any friends, im also quite a revengeful person, if someone made me do that against my will I would go up to him in his sleep and belt the f@#k out of him. Would that not be considered fair?
Doc

Post by Doc »

dwarfy wrote:guys,

im pretty sure i didnt give you the rights to use my action man photo,s so expect a bill in the post.
So what your saying is I'll get a bill if I post the naked bar and sheep molesting pics aswell then?? Take visa do you? :lol:
The clip is during daylight isnt it? Dunno what time it gets dark when it was filmed but do you get drunk during the day? I dont think I have, unless they were still hammered in the morning...
Vid was taken in May so it could have been evening, besides all day sessions arent uncommon, especially if youve been deployed for 6 months. I used to lose a week sometimes and get accussed by civvies of being a pisshead, well my answer was whos drunk more in the last 6 months, them out every friday night drinking alcopops or me having been srinking the last 8 hours?
I can understand male bonding and everything but I would like to know what would happen if you are told to do an initiation and instead you said go f@#k yourself, obviously you wouldn't make any friends, im also quite a revengeful person, if someone made me do that against my will I would go up to him in his sleep and belt the f@#k out of him. Would that not be considered fair?
Dount you'd get through training bud, not because you say no to a intiation ceremony, but because of the underlying reasons you'd say no. It wasnt like these two lads were the only ones pissed and fighting, and it was the alcohol that fueled the scenes we saw. We also only saw a snippet of events so cant judge it in its entirity. The Corps will ask questions and punish if needed. The vid was taken in May so ask yourself this, why has the film-maker taken 6 months to come forward?

Theres now 4 threads debating this so one or two will be locked soon.