Share This Page:

Prmc 24th Jan

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

I never knew that till then. So basically more effort needs to be put in now to gain from the fitness than doing it a few weeks before? If that makes sense.

Dom
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Obviously you get some in the days after, but the full effect is over a week later. It's horses for courses but the week before im not going too nuts.
This time next month and the week after im going to be seriously hanging out, then ease up a little same speed but less reps or whatever.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Cheers for the advice mate. Now ive just got to cut down on the food and dirnk over christmas and new year :o

Dom
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

I can't eat enough im well light at the moment!
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Dalo liked a Cpl?

It had to be Cpl King Size then! Ah blimmin heck what a course the PRMC is, total mayhem of civvies planking about trying not to be noticed as this weeks PRMC :lol:

Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

passed my interview today,next stop medical tomorrow. i have to do the PJFT still as well.

my question is what sort of speed in mph/level should i be looking at setting the treadmill at for a 10minute dead time so i can practice at the gym. i only ask because im used to using the pre set options and hardly ever use a treadmill!

secondly we had a practice PRMC tonight at my detachment (RMR) and i could only manage around 35 press ups, 48 sit ups and 3 chin ups, i did well on the 300m sprints though. the PTI was having kittens, i hadnt eaten anything nutritional today really (foolish) and ive only been training for a month where as the rest of the guys have been there much much longer, he said i wouldnt pass with under 50-60 press ups, is he just trying to scare us or is it just that they want more from reservists because its in your own time? as i noticed lots of people got lots less than his figures at lympstone and still passed....

thanks all
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

15.5kph that should also be the level will get you through on 10 minutes or thereabouts, but I bet you can push for better than that, it's only 10 minutes of your life!

EDIT: found this in another thread;

Min.....km/h
13.0 - 11.2
12.5 - 11.6
12.0 - 12.1
11.5 - 12.6
11.0 - 13.2
10.5 - 13.8
10.0 - 14.5
9.5 - 15.3
9.0 - 16.1
8.5 - 17.1
Last edited by GGHT on Thu 15 Dec, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Today
What: 6 mile, steady pace several hills, nothing too nails as intervals tommorow.
Why: To get the miles in mainly.
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

I asked for the 24th Jan or the 7th Feb for my PRMC but they gave me the 14th Feb instead, I dont mind means extra time for me to get stronger. Im great at running but loafing with the press-ups as I can only do 30 and 80 situps although the situps are not within 2mins. Chin up wise i can do 4 with the pause but without the pause i can do 8 :-?
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Yeh 80 perfect form situps within 2 minutes is a challenge.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

That is pretty weird, I never used to know that either, 14 days, wow....hmm interesting.

A quick question, on the PRMC 3 miler is it a flat run or is it a variety of uphills etc?

just wondering?
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

UPHILL NEAR THE END
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

Do you have to run as a troop for a mile and a half, then run back in your best time???? or am I thinking of something else?
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

billy_bob wrote:Do you have to run as a troop for a mile and a half, then run back in your best time???? or am I thinking of something else?
It used to be like that, but I think now it's a three mile squadded run, that's why so many people fail, you either keep up or your out.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The BFT used to be 1.5 miles squad run then 1.5 back individual.