Share This Page:

Prmc 24th Jan

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
DWW

Post by DWW »

Congratulations guys!

Sounds like you've been working hard and deserve it.

:D
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Alright NUFC,

Yeh I was one of the ones who went for scran and we got told we'd failed and couldn't re-apply for a year! If that had happened about 20 of us would have got the boot, we were starving!

Bottom field warmup was harsh (200m sprints, then some on an incline like this /, mixed with double marking time and pyramid sets of pressups, squat thrusts, we ended with some piggy back rides, not as fun as they sounded) although I actually enjoyed the break the excersies gave you.
I got left hanging from the ropes on the high obstacle lol but you are so psyched up and adrenalin charged you don't really have time to worry.

Gym test 2 was alright as NUFC said, intense but short enough to last out there was no way on God's Earth I would have wrapped then. A good circuit session in the gym would be good training for this.

The 3 miler seem to sort the men from the boys, quite a strong troop after that. Two wrapped on the warm up for the 3 miler!
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Alright lads good effort well done! Got any ideas when you want to or are able too start RT? How fast was the 3 miler done?
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Im looking at about 12 weeks.

I'd say 7:00 min/mile pace or thereabouts, seemed longer than 3 miles as well, more like 3.5.

The route is ok though.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

im not starting RT for a few months as ive got to finish my college course but the afco said i will get my date next week so then i will know for sure.

It was the hardest 3 days of my life because as well as doing the test yo get beasted in between. Thursday night we were meant to do 100 press ups because everyone kept talking. So we were in the little square with our feet raised on the wall and everyone just about managed 40. We also got beasted for being 5 minutes late. So all the beatings take it out of you as well.

The scousers in my room were the funniest guys ever. They had everyone laughing all the time.Maybe thats why we got beasted so much.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Caught you on MSN but well done GGHT and NUFC. From what I hear it wasnt a tea party. :D
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

Congrats.

Good to see more forum lads doing well, particularly a fellow orthotics user.

I know I should use the search button but I'll just ask while you still want to talk about it. Are the situps done with a two minute time limit?

Good Work. :wink:
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

I just can't work out how people failed the warm up for the 3 miler! What was the general reaction from the guys there? They must have looked like right idiots!
dalo

Post by dalo »

Well done guys, I had a mate on this course who passed.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

yeh they did look pretty stupid. Imagine travelling all that way to drop out of the 3 mile warm up. It was abit knackering but was only about 10 mins long.
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

thats a joke, maybe they just decided the RM wasnt for them?

nice one GGHT and NUFC
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
rc

Post by rc »

well done lads, good luck in training.
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

good going guys.. chould you tell me more about the bottom field???? what do you all do how many pressups and stuff? just want to see if i can assess what ill need to improve on?
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

You do loads of sprints and running up hills. You will do sets of 5 or 10 press ups, sit ups, squat thrusts and you do this quite a few times. Also do piggy back runs but its mainly sprinting. The exercises like press ups are quite useful for getting your breath back before going on your next sprint :lol:
billy_bob

Post by billy_bob »

cheers , i was worred they would ask you to do 50 pressups straight out and then do more after it cause i couldnt handle that i managed to get myself up to 40 but i recon it would take a while to get up to 50
:-?