Share This Page:

Prmc 24th Jan

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

The problem with the 3 mile warm up was basically that your HR went from normal to sky high in about 5 seconds, it's like a shock really.

One of the two that failed really shouldn't have been there IMO he must have been pushing 17 stone and supposedly was his second attempt.

The only difference im going to make to training is the inclusion of swimming and some sort shuttle run type sprints, I did medium fast runs but no real 50-200m type sprints.

*Situps are done in two minutes, as are pressups.

Enjoy the pti's quick introduction to gym etiquette lol.

Phoned AFCO today, looking at early April start, in theory.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Yeh im going to add more sprints in to my training, the ones after gym test 2 were a killer.

Did a 6 mile run this morning and my legs were still suffering from the other day :o
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

I've been lazy as fark since PRMC haven't done jack apart from gym work last night.
I was fine by about Sunday in terms of aches and blisters lol but have just been cutting loose a little bit before I commence training again, doing some circuit training tonight though.

I knew those sprints were coming up NUFC didn't you do your MFAT homework? :D

"Team 2, to the line and back three times." etc etc!
"All the way to the line Orange **!...."

Nah I found Gym 2 alright to be honest nice to have some strength based tasks, not making out like im Son of Garth but was nice change from shuttle runs!
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

Nah i missed out on that bit of advice :evil:

The afco rang me today and my date for RT is 3rd July :o Seems ages away. I did ask for sometime in may or june so that i could finish college but got a july one. Just means ive got more time to train and sort out my life. Cant wait for july to come :lol:
Chris1983

Post by Chris1983 »

Is that because you need to finish college first? Or would it have been July if you could go into RT next week?

A lad I used to work with had a guy in his training troop who was over weight by a large margine. He ended up being one of the best recruits they had, not sure how he managed PRMC though???

Congratulations to both of you!!!
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

I need to finish college first. The afco said they dont want me dropping out now seeing as ive done 1 and half years already.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

Hello mate,

Juat wanted to say July was when I wanted to go to Foundation, I got a wedding to go to on the 8th July, but said I wanted to go as soon as after that.

My recruiter said that he may be able to get me on one earlier and then try get me a weekends pass for the wedding so we should be around CTCRM at the same time.

Anyway mate I'll Catch you later.

Dan
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

DLink011 wrote: My recruiter said that he may be able to get me on one earlier and then try get me a weekends pass for the wedding so we should be around CTCRM at the same time.
Already organising weekend passes before even attempting the PRMC?? Bit keen those Kent AFCO guys aren't they! :D

When are you looking to do the PRMC anyway?
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

Yeah, very keen, but im also very keen to start training!

Um AFCO said PRMC shoul dbe in march time.

Where you at in th process

DAn
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Just about to do the PJFT in a couple of weeks. I'm also looking at March/April kind of time.. Scary thought - we might be on the same one! :o