Share This Page:

Just dropping in

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lew

Just dropping in

Post by lew »

Hey there fellas.

I have a spare 5 mins (well actually I cracked all my admin by 1850 so havw been dossing about waiting for the film to start, and thought id come in and let you know how im getting on.

In the latter part of week 8 now, I've got interval drill passout next monday morning and gym passout next friday I believe, we passed our C.C's inspection this tuesday gone and have our good leave pass's the blue ones :lol:.

Training. well what can I say, not allot really as im still only in the early stages, but don't for one minute think its a ragging everyday because it isn't. You have bullshit days that the training team insist dont exist but we all know they do, and you have days where you want to rap because you think you just cant do anymore bloody phiz, but you can!

Have had a few beers with ashley, he seems to be getting along fine.

One last thing really, PRMC, the phiz is nothing like training, we saw a group last week doing gym test 2 and I wished I could of been doing that because it looked piss easy, dont worry about how many pressups pull ups etc you are doing, just dig in growl and grunt in the right places (assault course) and you'll be here sooner than you know. :lol: 8)

Oh went to dutchies, was quite dissapointed really, jims diner is better and cheaper.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
hc00

Re: Just dropping in

Post by hc00 »

lew wrote:Hey there fellas.

I have a spare 5 mins (well actually I cracked all my admin by 1850 so havw been dossing about waiting for the film to start, and thought id come in and let you know how im getting on.

In the latter part of week 8 now, I've got interval drill passout next monday morning and gym passout next friday I believe, we passed our C.C's inspection this tuesday gone and have our good leave pass's the blue ones :lol:.

Training. well what can I say, not allot really as im still only in the early stages, but don't for one minute think its a ragging everyday because it isn't. You have bullshit days that the training team insist dont exist but we all know they do, and you have days where you want to rap because you think you just cant do anymore bloody phiz, but you can!

Have had a few beers with ashley, he seems to be getting along fine.

One last thing really, PRMC, the phiz is nothing like training, we saw a group last week doing gym test 2 and I wished I could of been doing that because it looked piss easy, dont worry about how many pressups pull ups etc you are doing, just dig in growl and grunt in the right places (assault course) and you'll be here sooner than you know. :lol: 8)

Oh went to dutchies, was quite dissapointed really, jims diner is better and cheaper.

lew

Sounds like your doing well, congratulations.

Who is Ashley by the way (im new, wont know of any past events)
markd

Post by markd »

Good on you Lew, How much phiz do you do on average?
beardo

Post by beardo »

lew wrote:
Blasphemy!!

Wait till you start bottom field mate, then you'll really start to appreciate a good dutchies
dalo

Post by dalo »

Nice to hear form youy mate, crack on.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
flo

Post by flo »

good effort lew, if you see first drills, Brum warrington say hello from fiona and Tommo and tell him the bar is doing a roaring trade......he'll know what i mean. :wink:
ashley

Post by ashley »

lew wrote:Oh went to dutchies, was quite dissapointed really, jims diner is better and cheaper.

lew
This is all wrong.

Double chicken burger, egg, bacon, black pudding, grated cheese and garlic mayo. Capable of defeating anything Jims can come up with.

As for me, just finished Hunters Moon, and Module 2 with that. Have to say training is going well. Our training team are sound as f@#k when they want to be, which usually results in a few laughs. I almost opted out last Monday, and the Monday before that, and the one pervious to that. Bit of a pattern there. 22 weeks to go!
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

As long as you almost opt out then you'll be fine.

:D