Share This Page:

London guys doing PRMC

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
clintnz

London guys doing PRMC

Post by clintnz »

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone living in london is thinking about doing the PRMC, it would be great to have a training partner.

I haven't signed up yet, when I rang up the recruitment officer the other day and told him I wanted to do it in 2 months he didn't want to hear it, he just said I need to get me ass down there pronto and that they are running the PRMC courses almost every weekend and I need to get on one asap.

are they really struggling for recruits that badly?

cheers all
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

My understanding is that PRMC is run Tues to Fri. Have you completed any of the other parts of your application, medical, interview, PJFT? If not then that is why he's telling you to get the ball rolling ASAP.

As I understand it, all of the Forces are short of bodies.

You might like to narrow your field for a training partner to your area of London, when you can train, your current level etc.

:)
clintnz

Post by clintnz »

Hi, cheers for the advice

Yeah I thought it was strange too, I only arrived in london 2 months ago from nz so wasn't even sure if I was eligible, but apparently I am and he was all keen to get me down and signed up for a course. He didn't want to hear it when I said i've got 1 and half months left on my work contract.

As for training buddies, im currently living in canary wharf and get home around 6-7pm, so if anyones close and wants to do evenings, and on weekends I don't mind travelling anywhere around london to do some training with anyone.
I've played football all my life so thats my cardio, and have been a gym boy for the last 4 years so can manage a few pressups and situps but have had the last 3-4 months doing nothing, so just spending the next week easing back into it and im really keen to get some serious cardio routines going.

Cheers all :)
markd

Post by markd »

Shame you dont live near maidstone mate, I could really do with a training partner. Good luck mate, keep us posted with whats happening if you can :)
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Who told u PRMC runs on weekends,what a load of shit, i can assure you they dont run weekends.Refrence joining the Corps you realy need to get down the AFCO dont put it off, you dont have much time and knowing Corps admin (which i do) it is normarly up its arse and can take a while, make sure you bring this to the attention of the recruter, time is against you.There are a few aussies in the Corps now and a good few Fijians creeping in aswell.So you wont be alone.

Good luck fella
clintnz

Post by clintnz »

oh ok, cheers for the info, ill make sure I get down there this week.

I'll keep definitely keep you all posted, cheers guys :)