Share This Page:

PRMC Nov 1st

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Creamy Goodness

PRMC Nov 1st

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Alright fellas, turns out im on this PRMC after just missing the Oct 25th date. Does anyone know if you can get an earlier date if there are cancellations ?. I'm thinking no but it'd be nice to have it confirmed. I have my PRMC brief on the 10th of this month.

Any way anyone else attending this PRMC ?
dalo

Post by dalo »

PRMC brief, i never got told anyhting about that, what is it.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

On my PRMC brief the AFCO just gives you your train tickets, explained the PRMC and how tough it is, shakes your hand and wishes you good luck! That was literally it.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

Sounds exciting im always really nervous when i go into the AFCO, i always think like these guys are gods they are through training! lol

ive heard of the brief before never knew quite what they did,
but now i know, do u get paid for PRMC?
you dont do you?
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Creamy Goodness

Dave is it ok to dress casually for the brief ? It sounds more like a quick informal chat.
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

Ok, finally got my new PRMC date having missed the September 27th one due to shin splints. Got myself a few weeks to pick up my fitness again. Before shin splints, I was doing 1.5 miles in under 9 min and 3 miles in under 20 min, now they have crept up a tad bit to 10 min and 22, respectively :-?

Oh well, nothing a lot of hard work and determination can't sort out :lol:

Any advice on boosting my fitness up in just a few short weeks?

Hey up, Creamy Goodness... looks like we're on the same PRMC, mate :wink:
welzy

Post by welzy »

yeh i got a mate called sim who will be on that prmc. really annoyed because mine is'nt untill dec 6th, ow well :x
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

whatever happened to that rumour that they were getting rid of PJFT?
i hope they are keeping it, i want to do it the same way all of you have done it,
were all fit when you did PJFT? my current PB is 10.02 after doing it 11.07 a couple weeks earlier, havent tried it in a long time. as my shins have been hurting, and im still to complete a run longer than 2 miles.
but im gonna do it tonight.
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

Don't worry about it, DLink011, you'll get there in the end.

You'll also probably find that the majority of lads here, like you, had to build up slowly and steadily. Like I stated in another thread, I started unable to complete 1.5 miles, never mind in a respectable time, but within a short while, I was doing it in 12 mins, then 10 and was able to do my PJFT in 8:51 min.

Good luck, anyway :wink:
dalo

Post by dalo »

DLink011 wrote:whatever happened to that rumour that they were getting rid of PJFT?
i hope they are keeping it, i want to do it the same way all of you have done it,
were all fit when you did PJFT? my current PB is 10.02 after doing it 11.07 a couple weeks earlier, havent tried it in a long time. as my shins have been hurting, and im still to complete a run longer than 2 miles.
but im gonna do it tonight.
Dlink just stick in there mate, you can do it, when i started i couldnt jog 100 metres. All it takes is time and effort just keep thinking possitive and remember results dont happen over night and you will get there in no time mate :wink:
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Creamy Goodness

Alright fellas, just got back.

I'm happy to say that i passed. The course was damn hard but i had thoroughly good time, especially on the assault course. The PT sessions were a real eye opener for me, especially the warm ups, beware of tuck jumps :lol:.The lads that failed the 3 mile run were told to pack their bags and get on the train as soon as we were all showered. Out of 37 lads 20 passed and 3 were given PRMDC.

Bleep : 11.9
Pressups : 63
Situps : 78
Pullups : 5
Bottomfield/Assault Course : Pass
Gym Test 2 : Pass

Hopefully starting RT in early January.

Cheers
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

Well done.

The 3 mile run, is it run at an even pace or second half faster than first?
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

excellent result creamy, good to see a lot of the mfat boys passing this, so what was the hardest part for you? did u do a warm up before gym test 1 ? was the 3 miler the 1st thing you done? :roll: