Share This Page:

Conditions

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Felias, what you have is commonly known as SARS, it will kill you.

Don't be a hardass and screw up you chances to please your mum, she'd never forgive herself if you go and die on her at PRMC.

Eating a clove of Garlic often helps as it's a powerful natural antibiotic.
Peel it and soften in the microwave for 5-15 seconds and chew it up, tastes awefull, your breath stinks but it works and you can avoid using shite ball shrinking drugs.

I am a farking hippy :-?

Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
Felias

Post by Felias »

Mr Mojo Risin wrote:ive heard garglin with piss sorts out strep throat.
Are you serious???
Felias

Post by Felias »

markthestab wrote:GP's are crap, when it comes to armed forces related injuries they just dont understand or want to understand in my experiance

Hmmm, thats sounded quite sweet when read. I totally agree that they don't really care even though I am going for a career in defending their sorry ass!!!!!! :lol:
big_al

Post by big_al »

Unless he's got tonscillitis, what he's got is viral, and so can't be treated with anti-biotics, so he's just got to let it get better.
Felias

Post by Felias »

KiwiBen wrote:Felias, what you have is commonly known as SARS, it will kill you.

Don't be a hardass and screw up you chances to please your mum, she'd never forgive herself if you go and die on her at PRMC.

Eating a clove of Garlic often helps as it's a powerful natural antibiotic.
Peel it and soften in the microwave for 5-15 seconds and chew it up, tastes awefull, your breath stinks but it works and you can avoid using shite ball shrinking drugs.

I am a farking hippy :-?

Benjo
SARS?? Shite, I got to look into that, as for garlic, I like it. Especially the bread. I would not mind eating it hole or whatever, just as long as I get better. Also a symptom worth mentioning is the feeling of Bad breath or sour breath.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Daveb wrote: One guy on my PRMC was ill (he had a chest infection or something and found it hard to breath). On bottom field warm-up it is so hard, he (apparently) almost died. I only saw it in the corner of my eye whilst doing press ups. The Sgt Major was shaking him shouting 'look at me!'. He came back the next day after being rushed into hospital but obviously failed PRMC.

Don't take the risk mate. Like others have said, let the anti-biotics do its stuff and go down when you're 100%.
Bleedin' ell. They keep that one off the recruitment drive ads lol.
Felias

Post by Felias »

This is what it feels like at rest, when the head is tilted back feeling of something edged in/ near the throat. A few months ago I was fine, but it started after going on an exercise bike in my home. It started before and then went away but now it is 24/7 it's proper demoralizing. ANyone else feel similar??
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Like Mojo said, gargle with piss. Your liver kicks out some mighty antibodies that will be in your piss this will equalise the good bacteria and bad in your mouth making it neutral and free of germs.

The Romans used this method for hundreds of years as a natural mouthwash to stop their teeth from rotting and getting gingivitis.

I hear the Military still uses this technique, so if you want to be a hard as nails Royal Marine you might aswell give it a go now mate.
big_al

Post by big_al »

Maybe you caught it off the excercise bike.
Take it to the doctor :lol:
Felias

Post by Felias »

big_al wrote:Maybe you caught it off the excercise bike.
Take it to the doctor :lol:
Way ahead of you mate, but it has been developing for months now cos of all the doctors wrong diagnosis. He diagnosed me as having glubus hystericus, fag!!!!!! yeah like I am a proper psyhopathic shite, bollocks to him. My GP is useless and that is that, tis why I have been on the net searching for common symptoms.
Felias

Post by Felias »

Chappy wrote:Like Mojo said, gargle with piss. Your liver kicks out some mighty antibodies that will be in your piss this will equalise the good bacteria and bad in your mouth making it neutral and free of germs.

The Romans used this method for hundreds of years as a natural mouthwash to stop their teeth from rotting and getting gingivitis.

I hear the Military still uses this technique, so if you want to be a hard as nails Royal Marine you might aswell give it a go now mate.

I will pretty much do anything to get cured and do the PRMC and start training, I can't wait I can almost taste it! :)
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

I do actually remember my friend telling me about gargling piss whilst out on exercise as tradtional forms of medicine cannot be obtained.

You can stick to your own if you want, sometimes when there aren't any other options left you have to go that one extra yard, I know what I would do.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Hehey, he's back, and on top form already! Asking about how to do pressups as well, eh? Bet that's never been asked here before! Is it possible that your previously reported amazing powers to go from doing 50 to 100 pressups in 14 days were simply explained by the fact that you weren't actually, er, pressing up?

And I thought your throat was sore because your pituitary gland had grown so large from exercising that it was 'farcking chocking' you...or am I remembering that wrong? Possibly, I must be faint from trying out your amazing diet to lose 5st in a month by eating only large amounts of fruit...but NEVER before bedtime!
Felias wrote:He diagnosed me as having glubus hystericus, fag!!!!!! yeah like I am a proper psyhopathic shite
Really, he diagnosed you as having a hypocondriacal condition where you imagine something that isn't really happening? This is my surprised face. We could have told you that, and we aren't even doctors!

By the way, assuming you still live in London, still up for seeing proof you aren't a chronic delusional :D Do the words 'piss' and 'off' ring any bells?

[EDIT: For those who aren't accustomed to the wonders of Felias, I'm not just being mean, see here for all the fun]
Last edited by Sarastro on Fri 09 Sep, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Arr the friendly banter and La La Land Questions. Some things never change do they. :roll:

Artist