Share This Page:

PRMC 6th Sept.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
sandaz

PRMC 6th Sept.

Post by sandaz »

alright lads, just a quick post to see if there's anyone on the same prmc as me - 6th Sept ?
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

Finally got a date then, sandaz :lol:

Any, I wish you good luck, mate - like you need it :wink:
sandaz

Post by sandaz »

lol hey ayrey hows life mate? yep finally got my date come through wahoo, lets just hope i do well. Going to get some practice in on the bleep test this week and hammer out some sprints etc, basically just try sharpening up a little. all the best mate.
c sanders
sandaz

Post by sandaz »

Wahay passed prmc for those interested :P must admit though hardest thing iv ever had to do in my life! so be warned :wink:
my scores:

3 miler pass
11.6 bleep test
55 press ups
65 sit ups
6 pullups
3.12 bottom field
passed gym test 2

ta.
c sanders
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

well done mate. did you enjoy it? lol when are you going to start basic?
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

well done mate! I've got mine in just over a week on the 20th!

lil-j passed, now you have... so hopefully i will follow the trend!

tell us what date you get for basic! i want to get an idea of how long the waiting period is.

again, well done

dave
dalo

Post by dalo »

Well done mate good effort
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

well done mate, congraduations here is another peson i am jealous of.
I need to get fit!!!!

Congrats again mate. let us know when your foundation starts!
and tell us what was the hardest part of PRMC?

Good job.
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
ash2003

Post by ash2003 »

Well done mate. I still can't believe how hard gym test 2 was. Been waking up double marking time since :lol:

My scores were:

3 Miler - pass
Bleep test - 13
53 Pressups
40 Situps (hamstring cramped up so was told to go stretch leg off)
6 Pullups
Assault Course - 3:40 (was dissapointed with but was a bit nervous going too fast over some of the obstacles)
Gym test 2 - pass

Roll on recruit training. Still aiming for that 24th October intake?

Ash
ash2003

Post by ash2003 »

DLink011 wrote: Congrats again mate. let us know when your foundation starts!
and tell us what was the hardest part of PRMC?
I think in everyones opinion, gym test 2 was by far the hardest thing. We were all pushed to new limits. It's the last chance to show what you are made of so everyone's sprinting about as fast as they possibly can. There's 5 different 'games' each lasting 3 minutes long which you do at best effort. Any time you are not sprinting you are double marking time so no rest periods. Once we had packed all the equipment away we moved on into a huge thrashing. Lots and lots of sprinting across the gym, once again double marking time whenever you are not sprinting. Everyone was struggling to keep their knees up but when a PTI is screaming at you it makes it just that little bit easier :wink:

Ash
sandaz

Post by sandaz »

lol alrate ash hows it goin? :P im still achin like a lil biatch m8 :o What can i say lads, ash has said it all exactly how id explain it to be! Bottom field is also a nightmare but stick with it all the way and dnt give up! The 3 miler is by far the easiest test on the course as this is run as a complete squad.

2 points to remeber for when you go down to ctc for your prmc are:

1. NEVER scratch/wipe your face whilst doin any of the gym tests/bottom fld.
2. Make sure you ALWAYS keep your knees up when double marking.

otherwise ull get the whole squad 10 tuck jumps etc all the way thru the session and prob get everyone wanted to fill u in

Im ringing AFCO on moday to see about a start date.
c sanders
ash2003

Post by ash2003 »

I'm good. Still achein a lot too tho. I blame it all on purple 10!! :evil: :lol:

The Corporal's can be a good laugh but slack off and p*ss about and you are going to know about it. Make sure you are always listening to detail, and never leave anything behind i.e. water bottles in gym, stuff in shower rooms. And a friendly word of warning, don't wear any jewellery including watches to any of the phys sessions. The PTI's don't take very lightly to this.

Ash
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Well done lads cheers for the feedback. :D
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

jamie here, did any of you lads have a ginger pti? tallish and slim? we had him on gym test 1, he was like a robot, no emotions or room for a giggle anywhere!! :o

what about c.q.c? we had an excellent bunch of pti's, all brick sh**houses but nice for pti's! one was corporal tinkle, who was quite funny, a geordie and a stocky pti form manchester who was proper funny, he asked if anyone came from manchester and one lad replied he was from rochdale . . . the pti called him gay, lol. :lol:

kind of lightened the atmosphere for the final night we had there which was good. (c.q.c was last thing on day 2)

p.s. close quarter combat. dirty fighting in our terms, eye gouging and cheek tissue ripping . . etc
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I might have had the same ginger PTI, but everyone on my course agreed that we were lucky. He was fit as f@#k, and demanded that you pay attention, but compared to the other PTis he was like your best mate.

You just have to remember that these are very f@#k fit, disciplined Royal Marine Commandos. And you are a useless civvie. In my case anyway.

Did you all meet the Sergeant Major (skin head, tache). He was sound and funny as f@#k.