Share This Page:

prmc 30th aug

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

I'll make sure i get their names right then, every little helps and your there to impress aren't you at the end of the day.

The other 3 im not sure whats happening with them, the matelot that took our brief just said when he collected us that they've missed it, so not too sure what they'll do. They cant go for their prmc because they didnt collect their ticket warrants, shame really to do the tests and interviews and the pjft oh and the dodgy cough test with the medic :-? and then to just not go, but i dont know the ins and outs so i wont make any comments. :wink:
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

It helps to call the corporals how they want you to. But its no big deal if you mess up - you just get beasted. I got 20 press ups while still in my shirt and tie for caling the corporal 'sir', one lad had to do press ups for about 15minutes for falling asleep in a lecture, and another lad had to do 20 pull ups for not sayig the right words when knocking on the corporal's room - 'Corporal. I am PRMC 'Smith', permission to speak' etc. You will also have to do tuck jumps in the gym for fidgeting and press ups on the pool side. But dont worry about it. Almost 50% will f@#k up at one time or another. But show them extra resepct and they will notice. But you will give them respect, I guarentee it, because of thier nice green hats.
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

Just over a week to go now.

Good luck, mate and I hope you do come back here and post a pass :wink:

Keep us updated!

20 pull-ups? What happens if you're unable to crack that many out?

Cheers
Ayrey
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

lol dont worry about that if you cant do the amount they say in one, youll just stay there until youve done them. a guy off my PRMC got cheeky with the corprel so he got told to do 10 pull-ups but reached about 5 then he said "i cant do any more" so the corpel just made him hang there. he got a right beasting for that LOL.

Just about everybody will get a little punishment at some time or another, I got press-ups for APARANTLY having my shoes on my bed, but I think that’s very debatable.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Cheers lads, i guess ill have to see what happens, knowing my luck ill get nervous and call a corporal 'sir' and end up f@#k before i even reach our accomadation!!

How do you lot think they'll treat us? being the first batch after summer leave, any chance of them being in an extra nice mood? lol :lol:

8 days then ill be having a few sleepness nights no doubt!!
lilsuvv

Post by lilsuvv »

Good luck fella, dig deep and never ever give up, thats what they are looking for the most, they push u to a breaking point and make u do twice as much..

dig deep, once u have done it once you will not want to do it again!
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

lil-j should be back anytime soon, and hopefully with his new boots :D

He's probably getting pissed with his new mates from CTC.

Update us when you can, mate.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

hello lads!! i'm back!!

absolutely knackerd and aching all over but well worth it seen as i passed!!

the course was much harder than i expected, well, the actual tests were quite enjoyable it was just the so called 'warm-ups' we received before them!! i dont think any 'warm-up' ended up less tiring than the actual tests!

41 were on the course and 30 passed.(1 of the 11 who failed has a prmdc)

the scariest blokes we saw were the pti's, theyre like robots, no emotions or feelings, just what they told us to do that was that, and we had to do it like lightning, when we were allowed to collect our water bottles from say the corner of the gym we would have to sprint, collect them and file-up outside the gym in 3 ranks within 30 seconds. everything on the course was mega intense. you really have to experience it in order to get the real deal.

i wont go into the tests and the program yet but if anyone has any questions at all im happy to answer them as best as i can.

thanks for all your help aswell, some lads hadnt a clue about the corps and the training, so i seemed like a brainiac because i obviously knew all my history and details :wink:
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

ooopps, yep ayrey mate got my boots!! they just look like pieces of material to be honest though! :D

i need to get them broken in and polished up to give them some real character!

also got a t-shirt, 99.99% need not apply, 0.01% potential royal marines course!! apperently 1 size fits all but its f*****g huge! :)
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

WELL DONE, MATE!

So, what scores did you end up with down there?
What were your scores before attending?
Did you go out and celebrate after?
What were the other lads like on your course?
Were you issued with a training guide and if so, does it look any good compared to your training program prior to PRMC?

Again, well done to you, just 32 weeks to go now until you get your green lid :wink:

Ayrey out
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

Well done mate, lol yer I’ve not worn that t-shirt yet, way to big :lol:

Where did most people fail?

any idea as to your start date?

What was the weather like?

brilliant mate, best of luck in basic and ill see you down there :D

I remember on my PRMC when we where in the gym and where told by the PTI’s to sprint and collect are water bottles, queue outside "AND DON’T DARE TOUCH A CORPRAL" one idiot fully knocked over a corporal on are way out :lol: so we where all made to do loads more press-ups :lol:
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Nice one Jamie - I`ll catch you on MSN.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

lol knocked a corporal over!! stupid bugger!

yep, those annoying beastings really get to you, loved the assault course but hated the the bottom field warm-up!!

press-ups: 38
sit-ups:62
chin-ups:5 and then slipped off!!
3 miler:pass, 21/22 mins we did it in.
assault course: 3mins 30secs
gym test 2 was hard because it was the last thing we had to do, and the pti's knew that, so they were really out to find out who was pushing themselves to the limit. oh and they thought it would be nice to give us 15 mins of sprints at the end!!

my scores before the prmc were around the same, but obviously a bit more because i didnt do any warm-ups that made me hang out before training!!

nope no celebrating was done, went to see my cousin and had a laugh but i wasnt drinking like all the other lads on train back! the lads in my dorm were sound, all a good bunch and had loads of laughs with them during the course. i didnt get a training guide but we all got a booklet with some sound advice and pointers in about preparing for recruit training.

the weather was gud, 2nd night we had a bit of rain and some thunder but apart from that it was always sunny and warm, not too good in the gym though! :oops:

9 lads failed on the 1st day, 1st morining, 3 miler, another failed the vo2 max and another got prmdc.

no idea on start date slaphead mate, they told us it could be anything from 2 - 8 weeks, so ill jus pop in my afco on monday and then see what happens.

good questions lads, anything else fire away, food was nice, even with them having to provide a huge amount theres always loads of choice of meals and deserts and its all good.

fluid intake it tough on your bladder though, we were drinkin about 6/7 litres minimum a day!

i loved the ctcrm base, like its own little world, with ur clothes shops, souvenir shops, spar, bar, fruit machines :D
markd

Post by markd »

congratulations lil-j! :D

What sort of 'warm up' routines did they use?
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

lol, well, wherever your exercise was you had to march there, at least 200 mts, and then stand in your 3 ranks until ur next detail, so your standing around for about 5-10 mins before u entered your training area, which might not seem alot but ur legs and knees really feel it because as civvies were not used to doing that. once we got to our destination and had sprinted and placed our water bottles down and sprinted back to our pti or corporal, we were given a few stretches, and looseners, then we stood in our ranks and front rank when told to would have to drop to crosslegged postion and middle rank to kneeling position, as we were w**k at that we ended up dropping and then standing, dropping and then standing . . . . until we dropped like stones on instruction. we then were gettin our heart rates up and were sent to jog, either around the gym or around the bottom field in a big circle, somewhere like that, and whilst running we had to raise knees to the front, then heels to the backside n then straight legs to the front and then sides, swinging our right arm over forward and then back and then changing arm, raising shoulders up and down and circling forwards and back, and then repeating all that but running backwards in our circle. we would also be told to stand on a line and then sprint to one end of the gym and then the other then the side and then the other!! :oops: by this time were all pretty wrecked because we have to sprint every where and when not moving around the gym we had to move on the spot until told to stand at ease, so we were either double mark timing or doin tuck jumps!! then we would be given the chance to have a wet and then start the actual exercise!! :oops: :oops: just an insight mate.