Share This Page:

prmc 30th aug

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lil-j '88

prmc 30th aug

Post by lil-j '88 »

Hello people, hope everyone is well, sorry to hear about your asian incident ayrey! im sure you'll be looking sharp again soon.

Anyway i wont stray i was just wondering who, if anyone, is on the 30th agust prmc, ive got my brief in newcastle tomorrow(16th aug) and just thought it would be nice to know someone before going down to dreaded Lympstone Commando!!

Good luck to everyone on prmc soon and all those in basic, i hope i get through, theres nothing more i want than to be a marine!

later folks, jamie :)
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

good luck mate, and remember just keep going. make shore you drink loads before each test and eat a few Chocolate bars. lol so glad im not doing it again :lol:
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

lol lucky you! you must think im making fuss over nothing but im quite nervous and really dont want to fail.

im being told to dig deep by lots of people and to jus give it your all, so i definately will!! after all its only 2 days beastings and phys, right?!!?!

lol aarrgghh, nervous, excited, worried n bricking it.
Ayrey

Post by Ayrey »

Thanks lil-j :wink:

You'll have no probs passing from what you've told me, and it looks as if you're mentally ready and determined enough to get through the tough parts. I must admit, I feel exactly the same way and my PRMC isn't for another 6 weeks :lol:

Good luck and remember, you'll pass!
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Cheers ayrey mate, good luck to you to, i hope i see you down ctc before long.

Once foundation is out the way ive heard training can be not so bad and maybe even a laugh! maybe im wrong, but im going to have as much fun as possible whilst fulfilling my dream, lol!! :D which will mean a few bevvies in exeter with the lads!

all resulting on prmc of course, eek :-?
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Good luck Jamie - I`m sure you`ll do well mate. You`ve got your head screwed on and that surely must count for something.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Good luck mate. Dont call the Corporals 'staff' (I got away with that one luckily) or 'sir' (didnt that time) and dont fidget by the pool.
W.Mitty

Post by W.Mitty »

Good luck :D :D :D
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

we where told to call them staff
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Cheers lads, I'm on way to the careers office after this post for my prmc brief, ill ask them what to call the corporals, best not to get it wrong if possible! :-?

cheers for the support, it's good knowing theres a few of us in the same boat, take care all, j.

p.s. there must be at least 1 person out there on same prmc as me!! lol, anyone? 30th august? from up north? lol no worries
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

All the best mate :)

On my one, we had to call the Cpl's staff too.

I didnt have no one from MF on my PRMC either, but you meet loads of other guys and get on well with them all (well....most! hehe).
lew

Post by lew »

We called the corporal’s corporal, and the PTI's staff.

I didn’t get a pre PRMC brief, I feel cheated in some small way now :-?

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

lol unlucky lew, we only had our pre-prmc letters that we received in the post read out to us?!? got our train tickets and had a few questions and then some confidence and reality boosters.

5 lads were supposed to turn up but 3 bottled it and left me and a lad from Berwick(near Scotland boarder i think) he seems a sound lad, also had quite a good crack with the matelot who gave us our talk, i'm on the same train as that lad so things could be worse, nice to have someone you know along side, even though ill be bricking it no matter what! :oops: shame about the long train journey from newcastle though!

Really excited now with 2 weeks to go, thanks again everyone, jamie.
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

whats happening with the other three lads are they not doing there PRMC?
druadan

Post by druadan »

Some of them tell you to call the Corporals 'Staff' cos you're civvies and will save your blushes when you start calling everyone Corporal! Call the cpls Cpl and you won't get into any shit, arsey ones might pick you up for calling them Staff. PTIs are called Staff all the way thru training unless you know their rank cos no-one understands their poncey badges :wink: