Share This Page:

The life and times of DWW

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

I haven't drunk for almost 5 months to get in peak shape.
I almost want to to do PRMC to (hopefully) pass and have the mother of all sessions.
dalo

Post by dalo »

I drink maybe once every week or two but I find my training isnt really affected I just make sure I still train the next day. Im sure down at CTC any time off at weekends will be spent down the pub. By the way do ladies work in the NAFFI.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

After a month or two it just kind of flew by, it hasn't really felt like i've been abstaining, besides bein "on t' dole" I can't really afford it.

Im sure once a week in moderation wouldn't hurt at all, but im just staying off now, my as well.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

LOL 12 mile run morning after a bottle of Jack, that's dedication for you!

Not so long ago just finished a run and was jogging back slowly about a half mile from gaff when the inimitable symptoms of a dodgy gut came on from nowhere.
Catch 22, run faster to try and get home to bog, but the more vigourous the effort the worse the commotion was and was speeding up the whole procedure.
End result was the path was a couple of doc leaves lighter lol.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

lol nice stories there fellas. I once tried to do a minus 20min 3 miler the morning after i did a bottle of Southern Comfort. Never again. :oops:

I get pissed about once a week and it dosen't seem to affect my fitness.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

First boxing training in ages tonight felt no pain in the shins and skipped better than I have ever before.

Refuse to lose lads. Every cloud has a silver lining. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :D
DWW

Post by DWW »

Great news matt! :D Hope it keeps going well, and with an attitude like that, I'm sure it will.

Some excellent words of encouragement there fella! We're collecting a book of motivational phrases in this thread! :wink:

Dave
DWW

Post by DWW »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, today went tits up. I've been doing my 1 mile run every 3 days. It's been going fine. Really well. Then today, did everything as I have been doing. 200m in the pain came back. 400m in I had to get off the treadmill and sit on the floor.

4 bastard hours later I'm lying on the sofa with bags of frozen peas and sweetcorn slapped up my legs in a great deal of pain.

I am so f@#k wound up it's unreal. To put the icing on the cnut, I have a meeting with my ACLO tomorrow to discuss the progress I've been making.

Such progress. Then a kick in the bollocks.

Dave :cry:
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Dave really gutted for you mate, what a bugger of thing to happen in the first place.

PMA mate, I hope it passes and you get back into it, all the best for it aye.

Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Damn, that really sucks DWW mate. Fingers crossed it is only short term though, not as long as it was before.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

It will taste that much sweeter once it is sorted though DWW, even though it's a bit of a shite sandwich at the moment.

I kind of know how you feel, my shins started hurting after a run last week so I'm back on the rowing machine. It doesn't sound like I've got it as bad as you though.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

3 miles into a 5 mile run yesterday and my lower left leg cramped up so bad I had to stop, it was an effort to walk. Looked like a right knob lol
Think im pushing it too hard, trying to increase mileage with large amounts of cross training as well. Kind of concerned but Im just taking as sign to cool down.