Share This Page:

NAMET test

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
wato212

NAMET test

Post by wato212 »

Has anybody done this test? And how hard is it? I know a little bit about the test, but I don't know what is involves. Any information would be appreciated.

Wato.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Hi
The NAMET test is used to check standards of Maths and English.
They are scored like this : 5/5 (maths first) and if you had this score your ability in these subjects would be low in both. A score of 0/0 would mean you have a GCSE in both subjects. You did need 0/0 to be eligable for promotion to Warrant Officer but I am not sure if this has changed.

If your NAMET score is low don't worry too much. During training and especially once you pass out, go and see the "Schoolie" (RN Officer in your unit reponsible for education training) for some extra help. Many Marines study to get extra GCSE's after they pass out, but its not compulsory. The classes are usually run at lunchtimes once a week.
Just before I left the Corps I did 5 :D and passed 3 :cry:
Because you are not in a school you will actually find these classes almost enjoyable!!
They are not restricted to the core subjects either . Naval History at GCSE was very interesting.

You can also get a grant from the Corps of about £125 per year to help you study away from camp. You can also do distance learning via post but that is not popular as it has a high drop out rate.
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

go to your local AFCO they should give you a practise test, but the real one is much harder. i found mine difficult but passed anyway,

1 tip, dont waste your time on questions the hardest part of the test is the short time limit. but the guy from the AFCO will tell you that, GOOD LUCK
wato212

Post by wato212 »

Thanks a lot lads for the information, Very useful. So just to clear it up if I get a low score I carn't get backtrooped?
TAFFY

Post by TAFFY »

Once your in, are you able to study for higher qualifications other than G.C.S.E. 's ??, such as Degree's ?? or even Msc's ?? or Phd's ??, or are these only open to officers ??. Thanks.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

TAFFY wrote:Once your in, are you able to study for higher qualifications other than G.C.S.E. 's ??, such as Degree's ?? or even Msc's ?? or Phd's ??, or are these only open to officers ??. Thanks.
Yes you are able to and it'll be subsidised!

Post by Guest »

You did need 0/0 to be eligable for promotion to Warrant Officer but I am not sure if this has changed.

I hear you need 0/0 to be able to get promoted at all and then i hear you need 0/0 to be able to get to Warrant Officer? Next i'll be hearing that pigs...can fly.
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

woops sorry mate ive made a mistake, i thought you where talking about the the recruitment test (my mistake) i dont know much about the NAMET tests (sorry)

i have 5 GCSE's so would i need to do the NAMET TEST in basic??
Artist

Post by Artist »

If you cannot hack Namet 5/5 your out! As I said before training is not just running and jumping.

Whats in your head counts as well. The Corp don't want 6 foot 6 brickouthouse shaped blokes with the mental ability of a discarded Tesco carrierbag. The want blokes who can think on their feet.

Artist
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Artist wrote: The Corp don't want 6 foot 6 brickouthouse shaped blokes with the mental ability of a discarded Tesco carrierbag. The want blokes who can think on their feet.

Artist
You didn't look that tall in the piccy! I did wonder why you left tho!

( It was ElPrez made me do it with his feckin Jedi mind warp! but Doc paid him to do it!! Honest mate I fink your Toppers!.......this isn't working is it? feck....TAXI!!!!!!!!!, Airport mate and quick about it! )

Fark where's me passport?... :-?