Share This Page:

prmc question

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lil-j '88

prmc question

Post by lil-j '88 »

Hello people hows every one doin, im in a bit of a dilemma, the thing is its june now n i cud get a prmc for july if i feel id manage but im not sure, the next available one is september if i dont get my name down quick, wot u lot reckon? wait a few months n get ready, well more ready or giv it a bash and see how i do? hows everyone else found their prmc, i no wot goes on but did everyone train to the max or jus to a stable level? did anybody pass who thought they were goin to fail or vica verca?

cheers for ur time, Jamie.
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

im in the same position as you mate, i can either go down late July or early september. its always tempting to build your fitness up with that extra month.

what fittness level are you at? (if you dont mind me asking)
Artist

Post by Artist »

Try asking your question in the Queens English and you may get some answers!

"Textspeak" is not welcome on this site. It's not used in the Corp and if you aim to become a member of the Royal Marines then may I suggest that you delete your last post and retype it into the Queens English.

Artist
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

In the Queens English,

Should one attempt the PRMC (Petential Royal Marine Course) late July or early September if one is not one hundred percent confident in one's physical ability to perform to a successful standard at the PRMC?

(If i ever met u artist wud i hav 2 curtszz)
Artist

Post by Artist »

No, you would have to buy me a wet!

I ain't some Wannerbie Dickhead. I'm just what I am. A guy who has been there and done it. And Textspeak is not welcome on this Website.

So wind your neck in and you will get advice from people like me and the other guys who have done it. Take the Piss and you will be ignored.

ENDEX! :evil:

Artist
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

Argh, I was only joking Artist sorry. i'll just wind back into my box now and calm down.

The guy at my AFCO office told me he'd get me booked in for a late July PRMC. but i won't find out till i get back to the uk on 1st of July if i've got a choice of dates or if he's just booked me in for a set date, or if he's booked me in at all?

I probably will go for the July PRMC.
Artist

Post by Artist »

Slaphead

Do the PRMC, 32 weeks at CTCRM, earn the Green Lid and I'll buy you a wet. Nay Wukking Furries!

I have a very low threshold with Eeijuts at this time. Some people seem to think that cracking the PRMC is the be all and end all. Not even near. That time at CTCRM is what makes a Royal Marine Commando a Royal Marine Commando.

And press ups are the least of your worries! :D

Artist
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Sorry about the text language, not acceptable obviously, didn't realise it was a big deal, didn't mean to disrespect anyone or the site lads.

I would like to try hard at my next 5/6 weeks of training and try to get the late july prmc if possible, i hate waitin and would love to get it over and done with, i look at it as the make or break moment of making marine and would rather not go through the prmc a 2nd time, knowin how hard it is, ill have to speak to my careers advisor and see what he thinks and if he agrees, him and all of you will know much better than me due to experience and if its wise to slightly rush or be sensible, whats the worst that could happen? Well i understand injuries could be around the corner if i do something stupid, any possible advice would definate my choice and help a great deal. sos again and cheers if u you can help.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

On bleep tests i can reach mid 12's, how about you slaphead_17?
3 miler i'm struggling a bit but hopefully with lots of adrenaline in me i'll manage to pick up a minute or maybe two, correct me if im wrong and if anything my time would get slower on prmc for what ever reason, i dont mind being told straight up if im wrong, only 16, ive got alot to learn from the marines and life in general. On a good day its about 21/22 mins but sumtimes usually by the end of the week when ive been at work and had a week of training im struggling to keep that time, maybe slipping to 23 minutes. For that alone should i wait until september?

also has anyone done a practice prmc? my careers advisor asked me about it and if i was interested, does anyone know how close it is to the real thing?

thanks again everyone.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

i hate waitin and would love to get it over and done with
Doesn't seem like you have any real reason to rush at all. Wait until September, be fully prepared, and as a bonus you might learn patience and self-control! Both of which will be much needed at CTCRM I would guess.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

thanks sarastro, ill try n get a practice prmc and will probably see that septemeber is a wiser choice, im dead happy about getting this far without any problems. so if possible i dont want to muck up my prmc and be waiting around for 6 months because i failed!
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

also has anyone done a practice prmc? my careers advisor asked me about it and if i was interested, does anyone know how close it is to the real thing?

thanks again everyone.[/quote]

Hello pal yes i think you mean the acquaint day, i did one and i would highly reccomend it. Id say from what i rerember about it you do most of the stuff they do on the prmc just not straight after one another :wink:
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

errrrr?????

my fitness levels are things like 3 mile 20.45 mins, bleep test (last time i did it at college about 2months ago) level 16.3, PJFT 8.22, 80 sit-ups, (finally got my pull-upss to 9 after being stuck on 8 for month's)
i won't metion my press-ups for Artists health.
I need to work on that 3 mile time more though because ive not really been improving on it for a while.