Share This Page:

green bible

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
rc

green bible

Post by rc »

hi all.
i've been browsing this forum for some time now and have seen quite a few references to "the green bible" - presumable this is a book containing all there is to know about the marines ? however i have been trying to get hold of this book for the last 3 days and nobody has heard of it.does anyone know the author,publisher or its real name ?
i should have my interveiw soon and need to learn a bit more about the corps i think.
thanks rc.
ashley

Post by ashley »

It's the A4 pamphlet you get at the AFCO.
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

It's actually got about all you need to know in it for a good pass at the interview if thats what your wondering. Quite a gem. I was a bit skeptical of it's merits, simply dismissing it as PC promotional crap, which it most certainly is NOT!

BTW, the blokes at the London careers office have been superb, big cheers guys :lol:

Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
james_m

Post by james_m »

You won't find it under the name 'Green Bible' as it was given that as a nick name my a member of this forum, Davo141 if I remember correctly!

It covers everything from interviews, PRMC through to training and life in the Corps. It can be obtained through your local AFCO and I also believe through a request form on the Royal Navy website.

Please note; I do not believe it has been updated since the alterations to the PRMC.

Cheers
James_m
rc

Post by rc »

cheers lads,i've had it for about 2 months now - what a prat hey ?
GD

Post by GD »

Not to be confused with the 'green book'. Younger members will probably not have a firkin clue what that is anyway.

8)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Golf Delta, have you noticed how easy it is to ping the serious enquirors from the wannabee/ nevergonnabees?
Thought so :P haw haw :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
GD

Post by GD »

Oh yes Harry. Little gems like the 'green book' would only be known by those of us who were there.

Long live the XMG heroes - stag on you b*&^tards LOL
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Go on then fellas did you read in English or Gaelic? :wink:
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
GD

Post by GD »

I always wanted to learn Garlic so I could insult the feckers back at VCP's LOL. I heard it actually happened but I have no proof. If it did I wish I had been there. 8)
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

The green bible hasnt been updated since 2001 from what i can tell, hopefullt the MOD will note that and revise it and bring out an up to date version :roll:
GD

Post by GD »

The Green Book was updated though :wink: