Share This Page:

JOBS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I finished my A Levels last year and then applied for the Marines. Only thing ive ever wanted to do, and wanted to start ASAP so couldnt see the point trying to get myslef a good job. Landed a job at QVC but got fired within two months for getting in 2 minutes late on 3 occasions. Pissed me off when my manager said 'you're great when you here, but im going to have to let you go.' Completely pissed off but couldnt be arsed putting up a defense and walked straight out. Landed myself another job as a Warehouse worker - driving a little electric truck round all day - and im still there now, but its the shittest job I ever hope to get. Im actually going to hand my notice in on Monday.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Sounds complicated
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

i'm a student at uni, not long left now thank god!! Doorman 4 nights a week for extra money. RNR also which brings in the pennies ... (before you all jump on me, i'm doing it because I cant dedicate enough time to the nearest RMR unit which is over a hundred miles away from me. So I do RNR to keep me in the loop and give me something to keep me going whilst i get my degree.
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

sorry only just got back from Istanbul, thanx for every1s input especially artist , doc ! if i ever get were i cant enjoy labouring no more well postie it is, cycling for hours wiv a heavy weight on my shoulders an earning my way sounds fun to me
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Not Royal but felt the urge to post anyway!
It seems like a lifetime ago but I was a Fishmonger during the day and taught martial arts at night( Mostly Korean & Okinawan) Spent most weekends working the doors of Glasgow nightclubs!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

Post by Guest »

i happen to be a life guard :wink: ...no need to get jealous now.