Share This Page:

RM/ MoD Regulations on TATTOOS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Dave_n

RM/ MoD Regulations on TATTOOS

Post by Dave_n »

hi, i might have a problem, but i hope not! What are the RM/MoDs regulations about people have tattoos under the age of 18? i have a cross on the top of my left arm. I think i should be fine, but need your input!

Thanks in advance

[/list]
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

Yes, providing that they are not considered to be obscene, objectionable or excessive, or are on your face or neck.
so you should be fine
Doc

Post by Doc »

Im covered in tatts mate, legs, arms, chest.

So crack on, just dont get a dagger or globe and buster done until you've passed.........and dont laugh theres been a few nods who have had them done prior to training and oh what fun they have in the gym!
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

yeh I am 16 though so im not legal to have it.

The thing is i filled out the first half of the application form in november (with the question askin about tattoos) and i didnt have one so i ticked no, but next time im in there it should be ok if i tell my recruiter?
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

id like to get a tattoo of some para wings (once ive completed training doc) whats the pain like my sis had one done and said it was like having being stabbed and having it dragged around her body but she is a pussy painwise and i was suprised to see it didnt rub off her when i sprayed water on it
Doc

Post by Doc »

it hurts
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

I always describe it as a sensation not a pain. Its obviously depends where you have it, but i had mine done right at the top of my arm, and u can just feel it all over ur body through the nerves. I liked it.

Women have a higher pain barrier than men
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

can anyone comment on my under age problem?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Dont worry about it Dave no-one will bat an eyelid.

Your joining a mans world where men are men. If its a good tatt you'll probably have people comparing with you, and asking who did it.

Mine were done down the Street in Guz and the Arches in Pompey. I regret the forearm ones but not the calve or the upper arms. The one on my chest hurt like a barsteward mind and I vomited everywhere half way through. Hard me like! :lol: :roll:
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

cheers mate, thats taken my mind off it! i would attach a picture but i dont know how!
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

well the forces accept that you might have done illegal activities in your civvie life so theyve admitted people who have had records and ex drug users so someone that got a tattoo underage is the least of there worries the only thing that they might be angry about is the fact that you didnt tell them the first time they asked and the first i went to an AFCO i was 15 at the time and they asked me if i got any tattoos
lew

Post by lew »

I’ve got one on my arm, I wouldn't say it hurt, was more like the strongest pins and needles ( :lol: sorry) sensation I’ve ever had.

I wouldn’t get anything done below the elbow though, and I plan to get another one done on the inside of my left arm in a month or so, am just going through the process of finding a design I like.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

I havent got any tattoos and havent really had the urge to get one, if I was to take the leap it would have to depict something that happenend in my life or was close to my heart.
I couldnt get one for fashion, as its most likely it would fall out of fashion and the people who did get a tattoo for fashion in years to come would get laughed at or put into a stereotype i.e love/hate on knuckles.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Like Doc,I'm covered in the buggers.
Legacy of a mis-spent youth.
They do remind me of some places I've been,So their not all bad.
Bastards in the Summer when we have to wear short sleeves though.
Bootneck has a similar prob I think.
Wholley.
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

i didnt have it wen i filled in the form, so i will tell them when i next go