Share This Page:

Broken nose though.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
dalo

Broken nose though.

Post by dalo »

Bloody had my nose broken whilst playing football, It wasnt a fight or anything, or a dirty challenge. Me and this guy jumped up to head the ball and i landed before him and his shoulder came across the side of my face and hit the side of my nose, which immediately put it squint. Its not a bad broken nose cause it didnt hurt at all when it happened, so I put it back into place. Its still a bit swollen and a tiny bit squint but thats just one of those things. Hopefully the guys at the hospital can put it straighter, but they might just leave it cause its just a little squint. Im just hoping the ladies will still want me as their love puppet lol :lol:. Any other folk wanting to apply for RM had a similar thing happen?
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Kane

Post by Kane »

I had the exact same thing happen to me, three days before I left Canada to go to the UK to begin RM selection. The only difference was that I got in a drunken fight with a farking indian at my graduation party... I didn't even have a beef with him, lol! Spent pretty much the whole Canada Day holiday in the hospital waiting to get it set back right as there was only one doc on duty in the emergency. Oooo, it was so much fun, lol!!

Cheers, Brent
lew

Post by lew »

Leave it mate, you never know it may get broken back in the opposite direction. (well it was what happened to mine anyhow :roll:) those HUGE metal prong things they straighten them with arent very nice :(

Was there blood? they always look best when theres blood. 8) mines gone twice (always with allot of blood) breathing in through your nose maybe a little sore during the winter if you keep doing it though.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
dalo

Post by dalo »

There was only a little bit of blood with me, It was just a clean break from the side, I felt a click as it happened and it was more like my nose had just moved than anything else. Dont worry though cause Dalo the part time doctor, part time rambo, full time lover clicked the nose back where it belongs, just hope the real doctors can do it better lol :lol:.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

i broke my nose in a fight a few years ago (which i lost!! 8 on 1), it was streight back then, now its got a bump in it because i didnt go get it fixed, now its perminently damaged, i can breath perfectly though.
dalo

Post by dalo »

Yeh im off tommorow to get mine fixed, but now thats my boxing over with for now, i cant be bothered sparring and getting it broke. I need to let it heal. Sorry to hear, that 8-1 and a broken nose, i hate when heaps of people jump in when a fight starts, why cant street fights be mono e mono, there is never any one on one fights anymore, all the time someones mate jumps in when the other guy is facing the opposite direction from him. Ive noticed its always p@£~ys that never fight one on one and go into a fight with like 10 people backing them up.