Share This Page:

New PRMC format

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Stix@CTC

New PRMC format

Post by Stix@CTC »

Just to let you know all you wanna bees that the format for the PRMC has changed - quite a bit.

The PRMC diary on this site is broadly right but don't take it as Gospel.
Will endevour to find out whats new and let you know - stay posted.

I spoke to one of the team today and he said that the pass marks have been altered. If you fall below on one test it rises for another test so you make up for it. :o Also, the 3mile run (squadded out, individual run back) is squadded in and out now. Oh, and a quick tip on this one - if you finnish behind the PTI that runs with you - you get a Freddie (a fail to the unknowing).

Have a nice day :-?
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
beardo

Post by beardo »

so everyone will get more or less the same time on the 3 mile run?
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I dont understand that PTi that runs with you malarky. Do you mean that he runs with you and you have to sprint past him near the end, or you just have to keep level? Thanks anyway.
lew

Post by lew »

Yea that doesn’t make sense to be either, surely if its a squadded run, he would be beside the front rank setting the pace :-?

Please do keep us posted as I’ve got mine in 8 weeks time.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
col2k5

Post by col2k5 »

Well i did my PRMC last week, and when we did our 3 miler on thursday it was 1.5 miles as a squad and then an individual effort back to the start. Cant see why they would want to run it all as a squad because it was a slow pace as a squad running the first 1.5 miles. And they want to see determination when you're hurting from the first day, and i don't see how they can test your determination if you're running as a squad the whole way.
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

The PTI runs with the right hand man to set the pace. Right at the end he says to the right hand man "keep going I'm dropping back". The troop then carrys on the remaining 50yds. PTI drops back to the last man in the squad - any hangers back behind the squad fail. The tip is -stay with the squad and keep up.
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Thanks for that Stix. :D

Is it still possible to complete the 3 days even if you drop out/fail a test? Not that im planning on failing.
SpooK

Post by SpooK »

i wouldn't have thought so but from what stix said it looks like u can make up on physical activities ala pressups?
dalo

Re: New PRMC format

Post by dalo »

Stix@CTC wrote:Just to let you know all you wanna bees that the format for the PRMC has changed - quite a bit.

The PRMC diary on this site is broadly right but don't take it as Gospel.
Will endevour to find out whats new and let you know - stay posted.

I spoke to one of the team today and he said that the pass marks have been altered. If you fall below on one test it rises for another test so you make up for it. :o Also, the 3mile run (squadded out, individual run back) is squadded in and out now. Oh, and a quick tip on this one - if you finnish behind the PTI that runs with you - you get a Freddie (a fail to the unknowing).

Have a nice day :-?
Do you mean that if you dont get enough press ups, the pass mark for other things will increase, or decrease? Im confused.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

If you fall below on one test it rises for another test so you make up for it.
If you score low on one test, the benchmark for the other tests increases so you make up the shortfall.

ie Benchmark for pressups and situps is 60 for both (I believe). If you get 50 out of 60 pressups, you would have to do 70 instead of 60 situps, or something similar spread among the other tests.
dalo

Post by dalo »

Oh ok so its not made any easier, it has just changed. thanks was a bit confused and worried there lol
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Lets hope they're not testing mental agility :wink: Krypton Factor anybody?
Per Flank, Per Tank
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Ive always fancied a go at the landing simulator.