Share This Page:

PRESS UPS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
beardo

Post by beardo »

you can pause at the top, but cant move hands or feet or arch your back
mr.zog

Post by mr.zog »

We were told you could only pause for a maximum of 4 seconds at the top.

Chris :)
RT - 23rd March. 987 Troop.

You Want Something Bad Enough.... You'll Get It
Artist

Post by Artist »

Once you get a Club Swinger shouting at you you will soon suss out how to do pressups the right way!

What the Hell is all this crap about how to do Press Ups anyway? After a couple of weeks at CTCRM you'll be doing them in your sleep. Just wait until they make you do Star Jumps, Burpees and all the other nasty stuff they inflict on you when in training.

The worst exercise is the good old Legs raise, apart, together, down. All the Old and Bold know what I'm talking about ref this particular Torture technique. Legs raised up nine inches. Then apart about eighteen inches. Together again. Then......Apart again, together again, apart again, together again etc, etc. Your stomache muscles will demand that you stop but the training team will just ignore the screams and moans and carry on giving you grief.

All part of the rich tapestry of life within the Royal Marines. Enjoy you lucky buggers.

Artist
lew

Post by lew »

Artist wrote: The worst exercise is the good old Legs raise, apart, together, down.

:o I hate those, my old man used to make us do that at rugby for ages. and when i say ages i mean like 15 - 20 mins. he is an evil b'stard some times :lol:

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
druadan

Post by druadan »

Our Dutch Stripey's favourite :roll: I do have a hoofing 6-pack to show for it tho'...well, kinda 8)
dalo

Post by dalo »

that execise is tough, its always my legs that give in never my stomach.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Artist

Post by Artist »

I use it when on the short strokes with a bint!

Legs raise, apart........Go for it!!!!! Sorry but Jesus H Christ people press ups are going to be your last problem in training.

Trying to take in all the info and getting it right is what your going to have to hack.

Artist
pablo

Post by pablo »

I do leg raises as part of my ab circuit, but don't do the legs-apart-legs-together thing. I'll have a go at that later.

You're more on this side of the fence recently, Artist. Good to hear you impart your wisdom and alike.
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

Rich wrote:You're more on this side of the fence recently, Artist. Good to hear you impart your wisdom and alike.
That post was a year ago Rich! :o

Greg.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Holy sh!t, don't know how that happened. I think I hit another page by mistake.

Sorry lads. :oops: :oops:
Hankins

Post by Hankins »

Artist wrote: The worst exercise is the good old Legs raise, apart, together, down.
Artist
Those aren't even close to the worse, in canada you have to do those with hockey equipment on... by far the worse would have V raises, where your body and legs are elevated to make a V, and your ass acts as a pivot point. they're deadly.
40 Cmdo
Never Ever give up
Taking life one step at a time...
Artist

Post by Artist »

Good job I don't play hockey then int it!

Artist
Felias

Post by Felias »

Chappy wrote:Image

Nicked from Sticky I believe, ages ago.

Notice elbows 'tucked in' to body, also the body shape 'arse up' and head looking forward.
I know it seems as though it is correct, but that was my technique with the "arse up," I was told to stop bending either way and stay straight.
THinking about leaving already!
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Just tried a set of pressups arse up as demonstrated and what a difference! I found them a lot easier than keeping my body level as i was tought years ago. Less pressure on the abs but much more on the wrists. Thanks for that.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

well on prmc, they took 5 of me right at the start for having arse up slighty light that, from then on it was exactly straight and i had the pti watching me the whole time
Nick