Share This Page:

PRESS UPS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Valkryja

Post by Valkryja »

Tight shirt, big guns?? whatever he hasn't got, Duracell PTI does have a nice ass. For an older guy anyway.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Now you go careful young lady. We were all muscle bosuns in our time. Well I was, I doubt Artist, Harry, Doc et al ever felt the twang of finely honed cartilage and protein enriched meat under their clothes. There again I may be wrong as Artist would roll poofs for a living, Harry knows Lily Savage and Doc is a medic, we all know about them. 8) 8)

I rest my case, it's chuffing heavy.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Valkryja

Post by Valkryja »

You want to watch out for those medics, anybody who enjoys sticking people with needles is a closet psycho (sp?) if you ask me.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Had a few Bootnecks tell me they enjoy a small prick in sickbay!

Wrong fella said I...................... I'm a huge prick!

I have a protein enriched artic sock does that count?? :lol:
Valkryja

Post by Valkryja »

Doc...it's not personal but Id prefer the needle!
Doc

Post by Doc »

not taken personally!
Artist

Post by Artist »

Artist was in his heyday nought but brawn. (including me Bonce so me better half reckons!) :D

I would with grace and style lift Steam Engines and put them back on the track. Stop a bus from pulling off by simply holding onto it. Push entire Rows of houses down for something to do on a Saturday. With a mere click of me fingers Essence Parties would come running to me. Sometimes all I needed to do to attract women was look at them.

And yes on the odd blank week I was known to chat up Beefers, go away with them, roll them and nick their dosh. But that was the norm in them days. We thought of them as akin to a Cash Machine. The plus being that you didnt withdraw your own money. The average Queer in them days would just keep stumm as they knew that if it got out that they were Woofters they could say goodbye to their Jobs and their friends.

I once created Mayhem in a Pub in Padstow Cornwall by doing a back somersault from a standing start. Made a right mess of the table behind me that one did! But won a tenner off this Emit (holiday maker) who didnt believe I could do it.

Nowadays I'm afraid it's all changed. The nearest to a back somersault I do now is turn around to look behind me. All I can lift are Hornby Toy trains. Buses just scream past me whether I'm waiting to catch one or not. It takes me hours just to push over a LEGO house. And if I click me fingers nowadays all that happens is people tell me that I've got no rhythm. As to my old ability of attracting ladies just by looking at them......The last time I did it the Lady came over and asked if I would like to sit down as I looked a bit poorly!!! :o

The Queers are quite safe nowadays as well. Because if you roll a queer these days the first thing the queer does is bell the cops and you end up in the Clink ASAP. One of them once tried to hold me Todger in a Pubs Toilet when I was having a slash! He'd had a few sherberts. And the friends I was with knew the Git fancied me so they told the Git I fancied him as well!!! The Cops locked me up all that weekend but the woofter didnt press any charges so I was released Monday Morning. I'm still banned from the Black Lion even now. 5 years after the event!! Well Miffed at that as the place was and is a Mecca for real ale.

Artist
Artist

Post by Artist »

This bloke was on holiday in Spain.
Just to Impress the half naked ladies on the beach he started to do Pressups.
He was well into the 100's and still banging them out when this Spanish Copper
sussed him going up and down like a Yo Yo. The copper runs over to the bloke and says:

:D Senore! Senore! The lady she has gone! :D

Artist
dalo

Post by dalo »

So when doing the press ups, is it as many as you can do in one go, or are you aloud to do 40 then rest then do another 20.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Im confused here, are the press-ups counted as one down then one up or one up and down? the first clip of the guy doing press-ups has a little 1 then 2 in the top left corner, are they the stages you do them in or how theyre counted??

oh n this might be a stupid question but do u get paid on the 32 weeks?
sinno

Post by sinno »

A press up is started on position 1 (on pic above), fully extend arms to position 2- 1 press-up and then back to position 1 to begin your second press-up with only your hands and toes to be touching the floor at any point in a set.

Yes you do get paid on the 32 weeks. :wink:
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

Cheers mate, just needed to clear that up. My mum was more worried about being payed than i was. Being a marine isnt about the money though is it, mothers eh.

thanks again, jamie.
dalo

Post by dalo »

I will ask again, When doing gym test one it says the requirements is 60 press ups in two minutes. Now is this how many press ups you can do in one go over the two minutes or are you allowed to do like forty stop then do another twenty. Im asking this because i have heard diffrent from diffrent people and would just like to clear this up.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
JC

Post by JC »

I think it changes to keep recruits from training too specifically. A number of people i know had to do the bleep one while another had to do as many pressups in 2 minutes but arms 90 degrees. It might depend on the PTI.

Dalo, no you are definately absolutley not allowed ever to do that. They are testing how long you can go on without stopping and they are gonna make it as nightmarish as possible. As soon as yu stop thats the final number.