Share This Page:

pjft scores

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
wato212

pjft scores

Post by wato212 »

Got my pjft coming up soon, just wondering what every 1 else got on there pjft, and also any advice would be helpful, thanks.
_T.K_

Post by _T.K_ »

Got mine coming up soon, just been pushing myself on the running machine. Completing in around 9.30min which i hope will pass me.

I do quite alot of C.V training out across fields etc, but have trouble with balance on the machines. Anyone else have the same problem?
dalo

Post by dalo »

Just make sure you can run at 16km/h or more constantly and you will get under 9.30mins for a mile and a half.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
wato212

Post by wato212 »

i don't go on running machines, road running is miles better, do you think that i should go on 1 before i have my pjft, to get practice, or stick to my road running.
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

wato212 wrote:i don't go on running machines, road running is miles better, do you think that i should go on 1 before i have my pjft, to get practice, or stick to my road running.
Yes go on one, Everyone says its easier but trust me if you have never run on a running machine it takes a bit of getting used to.

The 'tactic' for the PJFT is run at 16.0 for aslong as possible (hopefully all of it lol) but if you cant maintain 16.0, you can drop down to as low as 14.2 but not below.
wato212

Post by wato212 »

if i run at 16.0, what time will i do it in?
Cockney

Post by Cockney »

It depends on how quickly the treadmill gets to that speed, but you're looking at just over nine minutes.
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

Yeah early 9 minutes, Anything in 9 minutes is acceptable though (on a treadmil) on the roads you should be aiming for about 9 minutes dead.
wato212

Post by wato212 »

I think that i should ba able to get 9.00 min, out of intrest, what did ever 1 else get on there pjft, and has anyone failed it.
Also how much running does everyone do in the week, while training.
thanks.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

I got 8.24 on mine. I was sure she finished slightly earlier, but maybe not :)

Most people on my PRMC had scores of around 9.30'ish
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

yeah I should have mine coming up soon enough and the last time I did it I got 8:19 (which I was very happy with) but if I could get it under 8 minutes I think that will impress my local AFCO. I put it straight to 16.5 and ran till 2km them up to 17km. I was completely nackerd by the warm down. I just hope they send me to a gym that the treadmill can go faster then 16km.
beardo

Post by beardo »

wow i was one of the slow ones then, I did it in 10.14, still passed the prmc though
lew

Post by lew »

I also have trouble staying on treadmills. I just can’t seem to get the rhythm right, and have to hold onto the rails every now and again or I tend to come off them.

Looks like I'll have to practice on them then.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
wato212

Post by wato212 »

its all about determination, my personal best is 8.30 on raod, how much running a week do you guys do in training, and what type of running or how long for. I run 4 times a week, and these are split into sprint and long distance running. Any advice on this would be great, I have been told so much crap in the past, and i have read some of the post and people seem to know what there talking about. i want to be as fit as i can for the pjft and the prmc.
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

Monday.. 2.4km in gym, circuits in gym, 4.5 mile road run in the evening.
Tuesday.. same as above BUT every second week its the bleep test in the evening
Wednesday.. REST
Thursday.. 2.4km in gym, circuits, Sprints later on in the evening.
Friday.. 2.4km in gym, circuits, timed 3 mile run in the evening.
Saturday.. No running, Just a hard hour in the gym doing various pressups, situps, pullups and rowing.
Sunday.. rest

This is what im doing until i do a PJFT again, then once thats out of the way ill do another training program, Probably taking out the gym treadmil running all together and just doing harder road runs and harder circuit sessions in the gym.

Just incase ur wondering the 4.5 mile run is done at roughly 7:45 min miles, the 3 mile run is run at roughly 6:45 min per mile.