Share This Page:

PRMC PASS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
beardo

PRMC PASS

Post by beardo »

Just got back from Lympstone now, and I'm shattered, but it was all worth it. Heres my scores incaseyour interested:

Bleep test: 11.5
Pressups: 40
Situps: 50
Pullups: 6
Assault course: 3.04
3 Mile run: 21.04

We had 10 in our group, which the PTI said was the smallest ever PRMC they have ever had. 7 of us passed, 1 failed bottom field, and 1 failed the run. The other got put on the PRMDC.

Was hard work buts fun as well, hoping to start training around end of april.

If anyones got any questions about it just ask :wink:
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Well done mate. :D
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

yeah mate, well in, surprised there were only 10 of you. Question to everybody, do you think its better to be in a big group or small group (or theres no difference). Andy
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
beardo

Post by beardo »

well its good and bad...good becuase it better for the showers and the dry room etc, and everything gets done quicker (getting boots, interviews etc). Also you get reaslly close with everyone so you help them on when theyre struggling, and they help you

Its bad because the PTI's can keep a closer eye on you, and one of the lads said when he walked to the toilwets before gym test 2, he heard the PTI's in the office say ''theres only 8 left so we'll give these lot a proper beastin'' :o
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

lol gutted, anyway, its over now, how long before 32 weeks training, have you been given a date? i got another question as well, this green bible, is it like laminated sorta and quite thin? i think i got 1 when i had this career convention in my school yesterday. its reallly detialed about PRMC and basic and it has the corps history liek VC's etc. Taa andy
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
beardo

Post by beardo »

Ive got to ring my AFCO to get a date, but the serg-maj said it will be around end of april.

and yes, that is the green bible, which I lost on the prmc :oops:
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

Good job beardo, Just 10 of you ?? my god.

How did ya find the three mile run ?

Was you in the san carlos block ?
beardo

Post by beardo »

I found the 3-mile run the easiest of the 4 tests....Its all pretty much flat, the group run is quite slow, and the way back really doesnt feel like 1.5 miles...

the bit that does screw you up is the beastin in the car park afterwards...make sure you dont drop...one lad failed at that bit (altough he worked his arse off at gym 2 so he went on the PRMDC)
_T.K_

Post by _T.K_ »

A very well done to you mate, hopefully i'll be down there soon in the not so distant future!!
Two questions on gym test 1, did you complete the bleep test then move directly onto the the press/sit ups, and whats this PRMDC?
Cheers,
Tom
beardo

Post by beardo »

yes pretty much, you wait until the last man is finished, then you get the mats out and do the pressups/situps, then a few sprints and straight onto the pullups

and the PRMDC (Potential Royal marines Development Course) is a new thing they've come up with for people they think have the potential to pass the PRMC, if you get me. Looks pretty good, £900 for it, abseiling, navigating etc, but not as good as having a ''pass' certificate in your hand, and apparently all the nods hate them. Plus you have to wear this stupid 'USMC' hat so you look a right demic
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

beardo wrote:£900 for it, abseiling, navigating etc,
£900 ??? for what exactly ?
beardo

Post by beardo »

your there for 3 weeks so you get paid £900 for it..

I know, I think its stupid too
JM

Post by JM »

Nice one beardo good effort. March is always lower on numbers than other times of the year. Autumn is when numbers pick up because people have just left school that summer etc.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Excellent mate! Good on yer! :D

Only 10? Bloody hell, and I thought 20 on our course was small!
Boredatwork

Post by Boredatwork »

Beardo, how did your times/scores compare with everyone else in your group? Good job on getting through it as well