Share This Page:

20 miles a week training?!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
_T.K_

20 miles a week training?!

Post by _T.K_ »

Hello All,

I have recently started my application for the Bootnecks (got my interview in a week) and i have been advised to run atleast twenty miles a week!
Iam also a competitve swimmer and polo player and train on average 10 hours in the pool a week. Adding gym work and circuits etc.
The swimming alone is a major part of my C.V training and i want to know if i should cut out the swimming and concentrate fully on the running. (i can still run 1.5 in 8:37 and 3m in 19:50)

Any response will be appreciated

Regards,

Tom
lew

Post by lew »

Run as well mate, 20 miles a week isn’t that much in retrospect.

Don’t cut the swimming out, its great for CV, plus as a non impact exercise it gives your bones and joints a rest :wink:

Good luck with the interview mate.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Benw

Post by Benw »

TK, with times like that you are already where you need to be.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'F*ck, what a trip!'

Start Basic 24th May
druadan

Post by druadan »

Your run times are okay, so a couple of runs a week will do you fine, and keep up the swimming. Twenty miles a week I'd say is excessive on top of the amount of CV training you already do. Just my tuppence.