Share This Page:

Question for people who have completed the 32 weeks or .....

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Daveb

Question for people who have completed the 32 weeks or .....

Post by Daveb »

....nearly completed it....

I was just wondering. On average, how many people started out and how many actually finished the 32 weeks training?

Also, with the people who pulled out, was it due to them pulling themselves out or were they forced out (like failing tests etc)?
Benw

Post by Benw »

Dave, it is never quite as black and white as that. Typically, they work on a drop out rate of about 50% but this can vary up or down, depending on the troop. You will hear stories of troops of 60 passing out with 11 recruits. This is unusual though.

You will get back-trooped if you are not up to scratch and are given 3 attempts (at their discretion).

The reasons people choose to opt-out are varied but it is either because they can't hack it, the lifestyle doesn't suit them or they have personal problems at home which make continuation of training impossible.

I wouldn't worry about all this though. Just get your head down and crack on with it.

Hope this helps,
Ben
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'F*ck, what a trip!'

Start Basic 24th May
dalo

Post by dalo »

is everyone who passes prmc or who get through the training slim guys or is there any quite big built people because im quite big built and ive been told that may affect my stamina etc for weighing so much, i weigh 15 stone (100kg)
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Benw

Post by Benw »

Don't worry about it. If you passed PRMC you already have what it takes to pass training. All you need is PMA.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'F*ck, what a trip!'

Start Basic 24th May
dalo

Post by dalo »

oh sorry i wrote that wrong im planning to go for prmc i have not yet applied
Benw

Post by Benw »

You need to give us more to go on if we are to help you.

Try this link in the meantime.

http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums ... overweight

Start Basic 24th May
Kat =^..^=

Post by Kat =^..^= »

Dalo, Royal Marines Commando's come in all sorts of shapes, heights and sizes. 15 stone isn't heavy if you're 6'4 and skinny however if you're 15 stone of muscle at 5'9 ... etc

You weight isn't a problem but unless you have upper body strenght, you might struggle with the ropes, thats were you have to pull yourself up 30ft of rope
Take Care and Keep Safe

Kat =^..^=
dalo

Post by dalo »

im 5,10" and quite muscley but there is still alot of weight i could lose in the last seven weeks i have lost 1 stone 3 pounds :D
stripey588

Post by stripey588 »

dalo, when i joined, there were all sizes of lads. when you go for your prc (or whatever its called now), if you pass they will tell you what yuo need to work on.

my best advice is its all about mental attitude. they want to see that when your completly knackered, you will keep going (with a smile). you dont always have to finish first in each test, its your mental ability to cope with pressure and still do as you have been told.

fitness is important though.
yours aye

jason

www.savedutchy.co.uk
Brian E

Heavyweights

Post by Brian E »

If you are heavy you will almost certainly struggle with the 30 foot rope.
Remember if you are 15 stone now:at CTC you will be 15stone plus a rifle plus full fighting order.
This will take you to about 16.5 stone: which is a lot to haul about on the upper body tests i.e. the ropes.
Try and get weight down as it will make life alot easier at CTC.

Good luck
Brian Easton