Share this page:

2nd time a charm.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Message
Author
Gunn
Familiar Member
Familiar Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon 05 Jan, 2004 8:55 am
Location: Newcastle

#16 Post by Gunn »

because big cheese i know the Regt is not a walk in the park but i know that it is physically easier than the marines and at my age i dont want to put myself in the situation of the commado tests and RM training untill i am fully grown and can put all my energy into fitness. that will be about 3-4 years. In the mean time though i do want to push myself and enjoy the benefits of military life and with having most of my family serve in the army i thaught i would give the RAF Regt ago as i have attended the ATC for many years and feel i have a chance within the regiment.

Advertise your company or services here and contact us today!

jay999
Casual Member
Casual Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue 06 Jul, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: hampshire

#17 Post by jay999 »

You have to ask yourself is the regiment what you really want or are you just going there because PRMC was too hard? If its the second i think that attitude aint to good because really determination is the key. If you prepped yourself more for the commando tests you might pass second go.

Gunn
Familiar Member
Familiar Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon 05 Jan, 2004 8:55 am
Location: Newcastle

#18 Post by Gunn »

Thats the thing even if i did pass PRMC and got into training i dont want to do that sort of stuff yet, when i say my attitude stinks i didnt mean im a complete knobber i just mean that i havent got the i can, i want, I WILL attitude to get through CTC yet, as getting a maroon or green berret is a definate goal for me and i am one hell of a stubburn bastard i just feel the regiment can sort my fitness and attitude (boost confidence) out. The reason i picked the regiment for is because the marines is a new thing to me, iv always wanted to join the regiment untill i got some info on the marines and thaught yeah i'll give that ago, so i did and realised its not for me yet so back to the regiment. Another good thing is that because marines are "elite" anyone from any regiment can hand in his papers and say he wants to be a marine and they cant stop them so when i feel i have the right attitude that is what i will do.

bigbart
Celebrity Member
Celebrity Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun 27 Jun, 2004 11:10 am
Location: South Yorkshire

#19 Post by bigbart »

yomp'n'romp wrote:Those 2 skeletons of yours look pretty gay!! LOL
Sorry, I'm going off-thread here, but how do we know the skeleton on it's knees isn't female? :-?
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."

gruff_c
Casual Member
Casual Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat 19 Jul, 2003 6:57 pm
Location: cardiff, wales

#20 Post by gruff_c »

klinkklank i found out i passed when we all went into a lecture room for the pay lecture then at the end they just read out the names on the certififcates he had with him

jay999
Casual Member
Casual Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue 06 Jul, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: hampshire

#21 Post by jay999 »

Well yea i guess that is ok i mean i guess some people are born with the i WILL attitude. I wasnt and im not sure i have it now but im very determined to pass the prmc when the oppurtunity comes around.

Gunn
Familiar Member
Familiar Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon 05 Jan, 2004 8:55 am
Location: Newcastle

#22 Post by Gunn »

Jay999, i was really determined to pass PRMC, i was doing well and bottom field is where the time wasters usually wrap, i think i would have done it if i didnt have a swollen and bloody knee, 2 miles into the 3 miler i could barely walk as i took all the pain whilst running half way i couldnt take it anymore, but even if i had passed i would have stood at the train station and thaught im not coming back here for a while so i dont see the point of going back for another PRMC just yet.

Cronkilla
Celebrity Member
Celebrity Member
Posts: 739
Joined: Thu 28 Feb, 2002 12:00 am
Location: UK
Contact:

#23 Post by Cronkilla »

bigbart wrote:
yomp'n'romp wrote:Those 2 skeletons of yours look pretty gay!! LOL
Sorry, I'm going off-thread here, but how do we know the skeleton on it's knees isn't female? :-?
It has wider hip bones and no gay man would be caught kneeling on the dirty floor :lol:

User avatar
ashley
Rising Star Member
Rising Star Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat 07 Jun, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: Wales.

#24 Post by ashley »

Cronkilla wrote:
It has wider hip bones and no gay man would be caught kneeling on the dirty floor :lol:
You know this from experience, don't you!

...I'd always wonder how you got money to go out and get pissed.

jay999
Casual Member
Casual Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue 06 Jul, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: hampshire

#25 Post by jay999 »

GUNN ok i se your point i think i would probably give in if the pain was that bad. I guess it was just down to your luck on the day then mate. Well good luck with the regiment though.

Chappy
Rising Star Member
Rising Star Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri 14 May, 2004 7:35 pm

#26 Post by Chappy »

gruff_c wrote:klinkklank i found out i passed when we all went into a lecture room for the pay lecture then at the end they just read out the names on the certififcates he had with him
Cheers Gruff mate.

Gunn
Familiar Member
Familiar Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon 05 Jan, 2004 8:55 am
Location: Newcastle

#27 Post by Gunn »

cheers jay, good luck with your prmc.

jay999
Casual Member
Casual Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue 06 Jul, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: hampshire

#28 Post by jay999 »

cheers mate so are you gonna go for Royal after the regiment or just play it by ear?

Brennan
New Member
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun 12 Sep, 2004 4:52 pm
Location: london

#29 Post by Brennan »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D



passed prmc 6-9 sept

start foundation


1st November
Pain is a mere sensation...like taking a shit

Gunn
Familiar Member
Familiar Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon 05 Jan, 2004 8:55 am
Location: Newcastle

#30 Post by Gunn »

Hopefully join Royal when im fitter either that or go for II Sqn (regiment paratroopers), but i think i will play it by ear untill then.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests