Share This Page:

RAF Age restrictions

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
usaiintz

RAF Age restrictions

Post by usaiintz »

I'll get right into the details and say I'm currently 16 years old (With my 17th birthday being 25th October) and I know that I want to apply for the RAF; for the ICT Technician role.
As a recent school leaver I am anxious to move on and get right into it, however the role requires me to be 17 years old. I have registered my details as I was told to do this month.

My question is if I were to submit my application after receiving my GCSEs, is there any possibility of starting the initial interviews/assessments etc, followed by the the basic training before my birthday, or do I have to wait?

Thanks in advance.
Zero_Higher

Re: RAF Age restrictions

Post by Zero_Higher »

Hi,

I was of the understanding that the youngest you can join is 17 years and six months.
If you are too young to join right now, take a look at the Altitude website, which is for 13-18-year olds who are interested in an RAF career.

We have all been young once and I appreciate your keenness to proceed with an application. Without sounding like an old man, the RAF isn't going anywhere. It'll still be there when you are 18..

You only get one shot at being a teenager mate, don't throw away your youth. You've got a whole life of full time work ahead of you.

Enjoy yourself,

Zero
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying
Tab

Re: RAF Age restrictions

Post by Tab »

Under 18 years of age you can not sign a legal contract as you are under age. You could only join if your parents also sign