Share This Page:

Aircraft Technician ( mechanical ) application

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
02nparsons

Aircraft Technician ( mechanical ) application

Post by 02nparsons »

I have recently passed my aptitude test at AFCO Oxford to join the RAF. The next stage is my interview on the 1st of August. The RAF careers officer said that any visit to a working RAF station, and being able to talk to personnel involved in the job I am applying for, would put me in a great position for my interview.

Joining the RAF has been a lifelong ambition of mine. So I have been in touch with RAF Brize Norton to try and arrange a visit, but unfortunately there are no organised visits until September, which isn't helpful for my situation. I've also tried to get in contact with Aircraft Technicians on base, which has also been unsuccessful so far, which is why I'm here.

I'm looking to get in contact with an Aircraft Technician ( mechanical ) so I could ask a few questions, like how you found your training at RAF Halton and Cosford, how your career has been so far i.e postings/sporting activities/ life outside of working hours, and how you handled/coped with the transition between home life and the RAF lifestyle? I have a whole range of questions I would love to ask someone, and anyone who is willing to help me I would find extremely appreciative.

Regards Neil