Share This Page:

Morning all

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
alexe

Morning all

Post by alexe »

First post, been breezing through the forum this morning after discovering it. I'm planning on becoming (or atleast giving it a damn good try) a RAF Regiment Gunner.

My main worry is my fitness, but this will be sorted by a friend of mine who is ex-army and promised to get me into shape, or should I say better shape?

Basically I've come on to ask about the Aptitude test(s). I've got mine coming up on 1st July. I've completed the practice one with "flying" colours, but have been told by someone this is pointless? That it is alot harder when you are actually completing the "proper" one. This mainly being due to the timescale given.

So is there alot of questions and not much time?
Should I get revising alot of maths?

Thanks in advance and unfortunately for you guys i'll be knocking around with more annoying questions as I progress through my application. :lol:

Alex
buck91

Post by buck91 »

hi, alexe

the practice test they give you is just an idea of whats to come but it does sort-of help. there are alot of questions for a short amount of time but they score it form 0% upwards rather then 100% downwards, so if you only do 5 questions out of 10 and you get them 5 right, that is 100%. (if you get what i mean).

no need to worry about it, if you got higher then a D in maths for you GCSE's you will be fine.

welcome to your first steps as a gunner :D
R.A.F by F.A.R
Billboard

Post by Billboard »

Why be a Raf Gunner join Paras,RM or line infantry and do real soldiering instead or guarding air fields plus being looked down upon by the rest of the service.
Billboard

Post by Billboard »

Why be a Raf Gunner join Paras,RM or line infantry and do real soldiering instead or guarding air fields plus being looked down upon by the rest of the service.
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

Billboard wrote:Why be a Raf Gunner join Paras,RM or line infantry and do real soldiering instead or guarding air fields plus being looked down upon by the rest of the service.
Why join the paras, RM or line infantry when you could be a pilot and fly Typhoon!? ... or a Tank driver, yeah that'd be cool! oo, oo, or how about a navy diver??
Why use proper spelling, punctuation or grammar, when you could just construct sentences like a 7 year old?
Why make a proper contribution to the thread, when you could just be a t*t?
AST - PASSED
Interview - 13/01/09 - PASSED
Medical - 20/01/09 - PASSED
PGAC - 13/04/09 - CANCELLED
PGAC - 27/04/09 - FAIL DUE TO INJURY
PGAC Re-Attempt - 14/09/09 - ?
TG Course - ???
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

BIllboard,
Are you John 'im freee' Inman in disguise? get out of 'shitty retail' then actually join up and pass recruits before you gob off. As folk would assume otherwise that you aint indeed the best fountain of knowledge to be taking advice from...
'Every man an Emperor'
alexe

Post by alexe »

Well what can I say? Apologies Billboard for not living up to your great heights.
Do we really have to be having a discussion on this here though?
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

Forgot to say, welcome aboard mate and good luck with your ASTs, don't sweat over it bud as they're not all that difficult and the regiment doesn't require a high score to pass. Even if you don't get the score you need, they'll let you take it again fairly soon after so it's all good!
Keep us up to date on your application
AST - PASSED
Interview - 13/01/09 - PASSED
Medical - 20/01/09 - PASSED
PGAC - 13/04/09 - CANCELLED
PGAC - 27/04/09 - FAIL DUE TO INJURY
PGAC Re-Attempt - 14/09/09 - ?
TG Course - ???
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Hey Alexe

Its Jake B Off M/S

Don't Worry About Your AST It's Not Hard Just Common Sense Really
AST - PASSED
Interview - 18/06/09 -
Medical -
PGAC -
alexe

Post by alexe »

Alrite Jake, thanks and thanks for everyone elses advice. I'll keep you all posted.