Share This Page:

BLEEEEP BLEEP TEST

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
rm4392

BLEEEEP BLEEP TEST

Post by rm4392 »

Right im probably annoying some one now but can any one help me?
How far do you run in the bleep test?
How long does it last?
sorry for harping on but i really want to make sure im 100% ready for PGAC
Brett B

Post by Brett B »

the bleep test is done on level. you have to sprint back and forth in a hall. each beep counts for a level u reach if i cna remember correct. the higher the level the better. but i hear level 9 is pass mark for RAF. (i havent done the bleep test since year9)

brett
AST: Pass!
Initial Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
Fitness: Passed
Intake: 22.07.09
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

Bleep test is runs over 25 meters between timed beeps. Each level lasts for approximately one minute, at the end of the level the time between beeps is decreased by 0.5 of a second (level one is 9 seconds). Therefore in each level you end up running both faster and further than before. PGAC pass is 9.10 I believe, so you're looking at about 10 minutes worth of running, by the end of which you'll need to move quite quick.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

mr_man_2168 wrote:Bleep test is runs over 25 meters between timed beeps. Each level lasts for approximately one minute, at the end of the level the time between beeps is decreased by 0.5 of a second (level one is 9 seconds). Therefore in each level you end up running both faster and further than before. PGAC pass is 9.10 I believe, so you're looking at about 10 minutes worth of running, by the end of which you'll need to move quite quick.
Thought it was 20 meters? I could be wrong with regards to how the RAF run it, I know the standard is 20 M (most establishment use this one) but there is also a 15 meter version... Never herd of a 25 meter version :o could be even more brutal.

Stokey
MajorRageUK

Post by MajorRageUK »

I know it wasn't for PGAC, but when I went for ADSC up in Glencorse to join the Para's, the distance was at least 25 metres, I dare say it may even have been further. It was certainly the largest bleep test I'd ever done.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf***er in the whole valley." - Staff Sargeant from Jarhead.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

MajorRageUK wrote:I know it wasn't for PGAC, but when I went for ADSC up in Glencorse to join the Para's, the distance was at least 25 metres, I dare say it may even have been further. It was certainly the largest bleep test I'd ever done.
Fair enough... not doubting you but just out off curiosity where the bleeps the same as the 20 M (I.E. the twenty meter test run on 25 M 'track') or did it accommodate for the extra distance?

Could see it being a test and a half if it was just a longer track... suppose it would make the testing process quicker.

Stokey
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

The Bleep test is never 25m. It is scientifically designed for 20m, anything over that would alter the readings something chronic. It tests V02 max oxygen uptake levels (the amount of oxygen your body is capable of and is efficent at utilising), as well as "what level bleeps can you get to".

My point is that a 25m shuttle would obscure the scientific results of it, rendering it useless more or less as I am not aware of any 25m bleep test that correlates to a V02 max uptake reading.

Sorry to get all formal on your ass but there you go.
Piper

Wiki

Post by Piper »

Hello mate

search Vo2 max test on wikipedia and it gives you all the details....

all the best :D
mr_man_2168

Post by mr_man_2168 »

oops! :oops:

My bad guys it is indeed 20 meters, not 25. Aren't you all glad I'm not in charge?!
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

No worries mate it's a commmon misconception.
ryan123

`1`x

Post by ryan123 »

its 9.1 for bleep test
AST - PASSED!
SELECTION INTERVIEW - PASSED!
MEDICAL - PASSED!
PGAC - PASSED! 17-20 NOV
TG - 30TH NOV!